Duck eggs day 21 Air cell photos and Incubation pictures

Pics
You might want to put her on either Poultry cell or Liquid B complex both are really good.
Ok, thanks. I will.

I hope I didn’t kill Mark! He’s the one who externally pipped on the wrong end. It’s been 48 hours since he pipped and the membrane around his pip was looking really dry plus no progress. I opened up around his pip a little more, moistened with Vaseline. Then I decided to open the air cell like I read in assisted hatching articles on here. I only made a tiny safety hole but immediately hit a vein and he started bleeding. I packed cornstarch into the hole and put him back in the incubator. The mistake I made is his air cell must have moved and I assumed it was safe to enter since I had marked where the air cell was previously. Obviously I should have candles first. He’s still breathing but I’m very worried.
1943FEA5-715D-4D62-8842-E0BF3263DA1A.jpeg

The other wrong end egg is still alive, also 48 hours since safety hole. I haven’t done anything else for it yet.

All the ducklings that hatched are doing well. Goldie is eating and likes to eat from my hand. Still kind of scooting around but at least she’s lively

Sadly one of the eggs that externally pipped, died. I don’t know why. I checked it this morning because it wasn’t making progress and it was dead.

Congratulations!! Now we’re going to want a big family picture. Starting with the first ones that hatched all the way to the ;):giglast. (Jk)but love to see some pictures. How many left? Sorry about the one that didn’t make it.

Congratulations!! Now we’re going to want a big family picture. Starting with the first ones that hatched all the way to the ;):giglast. (Jk)but love to see some pictures. How many left? Sorry about the one that didn’t make it.
5 more to hatch!
3 have external pips and are making slow progress (2 just pipped this morning so I’m not expecting them to hatch yet).
1 has internally pipped, is alive (candled this morning), has a safety hole)
1 “Ruu” is a wrong end baby who wasn’t able to externally pip so I gave it a safety hole and have been slowwwwly assisting

Pictures!
This is Goldie, first to hatch. She’s walking around now, but definitely one of the smallest
E1CE1E8F-2D79-45C9-80F1-9E9B27EDAD31.jpeg

I’m copying this from my post on the incubation thread, in case anyone has any ideas. Currently I’m manually controlling the temperature by plugging and unplugging the incubator.

Help! My incubator is malfunctioning on day 28 of duck hatching! I have 4 eggs still hatching!

It is a Vevor N 48. First time using it. It was great all incubation until today.
Now it is periodically having apparent electrical problems?? It has been beeping it’s alarm, flashing it’s candling light randomly, and displaying an error code “F0” on the display. Then the temperature will start to go up. I have been able to reset it by leaving it unplugged for a few minutes but it has happened twice now. I wonder if the high humidity is messing it up? With ducklings hatching, it has spiked up to 81% humidity.

I contacted the manufacturer and they said they would get back to me
Any ideas appreciated

This one took a long time to hatch and is more weak and twisted up. I wonder if it’s neck is bent from being stuck so long. It’s slowly extending its neck a bit
View attachment 3791020
How is this one doing now? it can take a while for them to straighten out so hopefully your seeing progress.

Back
Top Bottom