Duckling with growth in eye

goats-n-oats

Songster
Feb 10, 2022
Hi it looks like a mycoplasma growth in chickens' eyes. Is this the same thing? How is it treated?
I can post a picture later with better reception

IMG_20240402_132648959.jpg

Hi here she is. No other symptoms. Acts healthy. Might have been chilled at night in the barn.

Adorable, don't think the worst she looks good, most likely hurt from the cold. Are you treating with anything like warm saline rinses and or Terramycin eye ointment. I hope you have her and any others where they will be protected from anymore cold weather. We're in the 70's today and it's down hill from here back to 20's at night till first of next week. Makes it so hard to know how to protect our flocks especially our young ones. Windows open now will be closed.

Adorable, don't think the worst she looks good, most likely hurt from the cold. Are you treating with anything like warm saline rinses and or Terramycin eye ointment. I hope you have her and any others where they will be protected from anymore cold weather. We're in the 70's today and it's down hill from here back to 20's at night till first of next week. Makes it so hard to know how to protect our flocks especially our young ones. Windows open now will be closed.
Hey thanks @Miss Lydia The terramycin seems to have made a significant improvement. :)

Back
Top Bottom