Early pip.

Kaylee_9731

Hatching
Apr 2, 2020
Help! This is only my second time using the incubator to hatch and last time had no issues and did everything the same this time. My eggs are due to hatch in 3 days so I got to move my eggs down and rotate them and one of the eggs is pipped. I hear it chirping but please tell me I didn’t just kill it by opening the lid 😭 I misted and have humidity back up but it’s it to late? I’m going to feel awful if this baby dies because it pipped early. And what if they’re all going to hatch early will me rotating them hurt the chances of hatching?

If they’re due to hatch in 3 days stop rotating them and get them locked down. Humidity should be around 60% and just step away and let em do their thing. I think it will be fine, all hope is not lost yet.

If they’re due to hatch in 3 days stop rotating them and get them locked down. Humidity should be around 60% and just step away and let em do their thing. I think it will be fine, all hope is not lost yet.
I was starting the lock down process when I noticed the one was pipped early. I’m just hoping all turns out well and not much damage was done

Don’t fret. How many did you set?? And what kind?

if I disappear on you it’s because I went to bed.

Don’t fret. How many did you set?? And what kind?

if I disappear on you it’s because I went to bed.

not sure what kind they are my dad asked me to hatch them off he said he was curious what they were since he had such a huge mix of chickens. I have 9 in the incubator and last time I had 9 and 7 hatched.

It'll more than likely be just fine and hatch properly in around 24 hours (it has a lot of work still to do). Let us know if you do need more help/support.
Thank you!! And thank you all for being kind. I’m always afraid to post in groups and get bashed but you guys have been awesome so far!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom