Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Ditto what Illia said. The males will have "smuttiness", especially in the shoulder area. Also, male coloring is more flashy. Very few black and white EE's are females.

Ivy......you have 2 pullets.

Kristip.....a little early, but looks like my hen did as a chick.

Ok, maybe I will post pictures tomorrow. I'm having trouble loading pictures tonight. Computer is running super slow. Yes, some of us still have dial up
sad.png

Can I get in on this discussion, too?

These guys are 4 weeks old.
They hatched out of mint green eggs from a girl who said the parents were "Americauna" hatchery chicks.
They both have yellow legs, 1 has a single comb, and 1 has a pea comb.
One is coming in red w some black on the wings, 1 is red with black and white on the wing tips.

Soooo what gender are they??

forgot: they were both brown chipmunks with beards.

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

Last edited:
Ok, I was finally able to get some pictures of my bantam EE's. I am soooo hoping they are females. I have never dealt with bantams before. I have 6 and I have to say they do not sit still for a minute. Hard to get pictures of these little bugger. They are always on the go. So, if you could help with this I would be very happy.

45848_3-16-11_b_12.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_11.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_8.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_6.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_3.jpg

I never realized how adorable bantams are!

Can anyone tell me if these are females? I can't figure out the color thing. I looked at the comb and hoped for the smallest being a female. I was told they were 3/4 weeks old. They are so cute..... lol. I don't have luck getting females so I'm hoping my luck has turned. Thanks.

It's a bit early yet, but I'll take a shot at it.

The last picture on the left looks to be a female. 4th picture down is a male. (both by coloring and thick legs)

If you take a really close look at their combs, the males will pop the 3 rows on their pea comb really early on. Females will (but not always) have what looks like 1 row until they get older. (I've had a few exceptions here that I thought were males but ended up being females) When they get around 10 weeks or so, the 3 rows will be visible on the females, but not as pronounced as the males.

Now you have me wondering about my 2 EE's, I got them as straight run I hope they are girls! Any idea if they will be boy or girl by the color?
78308_pee2wk.jpg
Peanutbutter, white background with red and grey mottling all over.
78308_zee2wk.jpg
Zippy, all white (is it more common in boys or girl?)

Back
Top Bottom