Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Great deal if the person will take any accidental cockerels.  Seeing as how you have a 12 hen limit, but 15 chicks, the odds are now increased that you will get all pullets!!!  :D   Good thing they run around a lot and are almost impossible to count!  Even easier if you have several that look alike. 

I hope so! I was originally just going to get 2EE, but a friend of mine who has had chickens for years convinced me to get more with some similar logic. "Do you really think someone is going to stop by to count your chickens and tell you that you need to get rid of 2 or 3? Just get a couple extra just in case." And I came home with 4
1f61c.png

Well it took almost two weeks, but I finally made it through this thread.

That is WAY beyond impressive!!!!!!

Quote:
Cute chicks. And right ... The only time I can get to 16 when I count my birds is when I am giving them BOSS in the morning or scratch in the evening. Any other time they don't stand still long enough to count them. First over her, then over there, then over there, a mixed up mass of feathers. 12, 15 yeah it looks about the same.
big_smile.png

Hi I have 2 "pullets" that I am a little suspicious of. Their combs are darker than some of the obvious pullets and they have the red patches on their shoulders, but they don't act like the obvious roosters. They are 5 weeks old. Thanks in advance!
Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Same age roo for comparison

Same age pullet for comparison

Hi I have 2 "pullets" that I am a little suspicious of. Their combs are darker than some of the obvious pullets and they have the red patches on their shoulders, but they don't act like the obvious roosters. They are 5 weeks old. Thanks in advance!
Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Same age roo for comparison

Same age pullet for comparison
I agree with your suspicions, but would wait another week or so before doing anything drastic, especially for the second one. That could end up being a pullet pattern since the much of the neck and back down onto the tail is also darker. The first one looks patchy only on the wings. Time will tell. Hope you can post with an update in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom