Bigbluefrog

Songster
Aug 9, 2019
Central Wisconsin
Good afternoon! I decided to hard boil several dozen of fresh eggs for a Easter Breakfast.
I have never done this before- so I was hoping people here would share their tips. 😊 🐣
I did buy an egg cooker- but wasn’t sure if I should use that or go by boiling. I do need to refrigerate them after coloring- so hoping they peel okay!
Thanks so much! I have to make 5 dozen !
Otherwise I might do random experiments- 🤣

Currently trying 2 different methods as I am making them for a large group of people and I don’t want to fail at it🥸
So I boiled one egg in vinager water- full boil placed room temperature egg in for 5 minutes at a hard boil. Rest for 20 min. In water. No rinsing.
Other one I half covered - just water. Same cooking. Gonna cool them and refrigerate. Then try to peel - fingers crossed!!!!

Oh how old are the eggs you use? I did try to get some that are over a week old 🤞🏻
I will start looking at insta pots- they kinda scare me- so many buttons- 😂

I use my rice cooker to steam them. You could do the same thing with a pot on the stove and a steam basket. I do about 15 minutes in the steamer
So the eggs are not in water? Okay do you rinse in cold afterwards?
Sorry I am asking basic questions for cooking. If I was making deviled eggs I don’t mind cracking eggs- but these will be colored😍

So the eggs are not in water? Okay do you rinse in cold afterwards?
Sorry I am asking basic questions for cooking. If I was making deviled eggs I don’t mind cracking eggs- but these will be colored😍
I get a bowl of ice water ready while they're steaming and they go straight in there when they're done. I usually peel them right away but if you're dying them then just leave them in there long enough to stop the cooking process then take them out and put them in the fridge

wondering how I survived all these years! Not knowing the proper way to boil a fresh farm egg! I did notice the vinegar water boiled faster. One egg did crack in the plain water- it was lunch- turned out quite tasty and with it hot it was easy to peel! The test will be after chilled and try to peel at a later time.
I am tempted to buy white eggs😬🙈

I get a bowl of ice water ready while they're steaming and they go straight in there when they're done. I usually peel them right away but if you're dying them then just leave them in there long enough to stop the cooking process then take them out and put them in the fridge
Thank you! I appreciate the specifics! I am trying that method right now!

Back
Top Bottom