Egg hatching, leaking yolk? Wing stuck on outside of egg? Update - lump on wing, broken?

@azygous @Eggcessive

Sorry to tag you, just trying to get quicker insight. Going to be adding more chicks soon and I’m trying to decide if I’m just prolonging the inevitable with this chick. She’s still refusing to eat, even when she’s awake and by food. I’m at a loss.

She just pooped and it was completely white and kind of pasty. Unfortunately on my clothes so I wiped it immediately and didn’t get a picture 🥴

She had a rough hatch. That can leave a chick with under performing organs, among other things. Sometimes, it causes the failure-to-thrive syndrome.

If the liver and kidneys are not adequately developed, food and nutrients can't be metabolized properly. There's a chance the chick will catch up on internal development with special feedings and vitamin support. Poultry Nutri-drench is the best supplement for such chicks as it's formulated to bypass the liver and to be directly taken into the bloodstream. You can add it to the water, sprinkle over food or give a few drops directly into the beak.

Supplemental foods such as finely minced boiled egg and crumbled tofu are high in protein and easily digested. Feed these each day in addition to the chick feed.

Back
Top Bottom