Emanfarsponce

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone!

I’m looking for reviews on egg incubators based on you results on using the machines. I currently have a Little Giant and was successful in incubating the eggs; however, the temperature and humidity fluctuated way too much. I would check on the incubator 8 times a day and while I don’t find it to be a hassle, I do not like that the thermometer didn’t remain at least somewhat stable. I did put my own thermometer inside to have a more accurate read so I wasn’t guessing.
You’re recommendations on incubators or any tips that you may have are appreciated.

Thank you!

I will sound like I own or work for Brinsea, but I have had excellent hatch rate with these products. It’s been always near 100%. I hatched with Ovation 28 EX (28 chicken eggs cap) 7X and get 24-26 chicks at a time out of 28. 3X on Brinsea Mini II EX and get 6 out 7 incubated eggs last couple of years and absolutely no baby sitting since I travel a lot and long hours with my job. So to eliminate heart aches and too much work I opted to a good one.

I will sound like I own or work for Brinsea, but I have had excellent hatch rate with these products. It’s been always near 100%. I hatched with Ovation 28 EX (28 chicken eggs cap) 7X and get 24-26 chicks at a time out of 28. 3X on Brinsea Mini II EX and get 6 out 7 incubated eggs last couple of years and absolutely no baby sitting since I travel a lot and long hours with my job. So to eliminate heart aches and too much work I opted to a good one.

I'll second this! I have several Brinsea incubators (which now I need to sell since I have TOO many! lol) and I've had great results with all of them. I know they're a little more pricey than some of the other brands, but I've never been disappointed. Temp and humidity are always stable and as of lately (aka now that I truly know what I'm doing) I've been having excellent hatch rates, even with eggs shipped from across the country.

I started with a Maxi II Advance, and then later added a Maxi II EX to have room for more eggs. I also have a Mini II Advance and finally decided to upgrade to the Ovation 56 so I don't have to run multiple incubators at once.

I'll second this! I have several Brinsea incubators (which now I need to sell since I have TOO many! lol) and I've had great results with all of them. I know they're a little more pricey than some of the other brands, but I've never been disappointed. Temp and humidity are always stable and as of lately (aka now that I truly know what I'm doing) I've been having excellent hatch rates, even with eggs shipped from across the country.

I started with a Maxi II Advance, and then later added a Maxi II EX to have room for more eggs. I also have a Mini II Advance and finally decided to upgrade to the Ovation 56 so I don't have to run multiple incubators at once.
Thank you for your reply. I have been looking into this brand and have heard few complaints. Would you recommend a certain vendor or website that has a better price/customer service options?

GQF HovaBators for me. I currently run a 1602n with a wafer thermostat (not digital) and a 1588 digital, both with fans and upright turning racks. Love both, prefer the 1602n just because I don't fully trust digital.

The HovaBator 2370 is a nice compromise, more affordable than the 1588 and still digital. Will run around $100 with a fan and a turner.

I like buying from Incubator Warehouse, they have wonderful customer support.

I will suggest the bargain basement LEGENDARY 12 egg incubator that is oblong-shaped with a grey top and semi-clear plastic! They are less than $60 on Ebay!! This incubator has been putting smiles on chicken keepers since it's introduction!! Many folks in here have used it and have been successful. So, what are you waiting for? ACT NOW!!

HERE : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXD93RQ/?tag=backy-20

Back
Top Bottom