Eggs hatching 2-1-13 Anybody else?? - Hatch-Along

Yahoo! That is some progress in such a short time span! Awesome!
big_smile.png

I sure wish my would show some progress... I think they're all taking naps. Don't they know it's driving me crazy?!

Of the 4, we had 2 pip early this morning (around 4:30am or so EST). One hatched, & the other is being lazy & quiet. Then the other 2 have pipped later this morning & I'm seeing more action (little beak pokes or shaky egg) in those 2 eggs then that other that pipped early this morning. The only thing that's keeping me sane is knowing I heard a chirp from that egg a few hours ago. If it weren't such nasty snow weather outside I'd leave the house, but no... I'm trapped here, practically glued to the incubator, with my momma hen insanity.
hmm.png

Yup I'm with ya on that, mine are snoozin since last one hatched. MAN Florida is cold today only high of 60 !!! BRRR :plbb (teehee) I grew up in NW OHIO so I remember what bein on winter lockdown is like!! If wanna cool hatch try Bobwhite Quail. All 40 pipped right on time and then NOTHING for 2 days and I mean NOTHING. So an experienced friend told me to just wait. The next day they all hatched together within like 2 hour period!! Friend told me it just how quail always hatch....like popping popcorn, truely cool! :thumbsup

I decided to incubate 25 eggs since this was the first time using this specific incubator- 15 were dirty leghorns (that's what I call chickens that are mixed between leghorns and other breeds) and 10 dirty bantams (again, multiple mixed breeds). I have one pipped and one zipped and I am hoping that at least those two hatch and maybe even 3 more. According to the candling results, 20 out of 25 chicks should hatch!
jumpy.gif

Just came across this thread on the recent posts -- I've got 28 eggs due Sunday! I started with 33 eggs from my own flock,15 standard sized mixes and 18 bantam/fancy mixes. They are in a digital Genesis Hovabator and were turned by tilting the incubator three times a day.

My standard hens are black Jersey giants, buff and light brahmas, black sexlink, and red sexlink. I also have a couple of easter eggers, one Russian orloff, one mottled ancona, and one black minorca, but they stopped laying a couple of months ago. Their three roosters are blue orpington, blue splash orpington, and easter egger.

My bantam/fancy hens are white, buff, black and splash silkie, buff-laced Polish, mottled houdan, one buff silkie/Russian orloff mix, and one buff silkie/black Jersey giant mix. I'm pretty sure the eggs all came from the houdan and the mixes. Their roosters are buff, white and splash silkie, mottled houdan, buff-laced Polish and red-shouldered yokohama. Based on my observations, the most likely fathers are the houdan and the yokohama. My Polish rooster was raised with my ducks, and while it is quite hilarious to watch him romance them, this makes him mostly useless except as a yard decoration. :)

Best of luck to everyone else who is hatching!

Congratulations for everyone with new babies!!!!
wee.gif
My four just finished hatching. One breech and without help! I am emotionally exhausted!
tongue.png
For those waiting on pips. It took one of mine 18 hrs of nothing after pip to zip and that took like 5 minutes! Don't worry! They may just have some yolk to absorb. Good luck!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom