Eggs hatching 2-1-13 Anybody else?? - Hatch-Along

Very nice flock. For my next batch of chickens, I plan on hatching some dominiques. I have a dominique rooster now but I am in need of a hen and I am selling some too. But in all, very nice.

I candled our eggs again. I was going to wait until tomorrow evening when I opened the incubator up to prepare it for lockdown… but I had trouble waiting that long and it's been about a week since I last checked them all.

I saw movement in all 4 eggs, so I know all embryos are still alive. I think I even saw a claw foot open & close on one of them, it was so cool!

Friday night I will hit 0 days left. So hopefully I'll have some little puff balls by Saturday. Maybe I'll have some late bloomers? No idea.

LOCKDOWN INITIALIZED T MINUS 3 days and counting!!!! :drool I hate this part.!!!! :barnie Time to set up my old bator as I use it for a hatcher. When an egg is close to zipping they go in hatcher so other eggs aren't rolled about when it opens! ;) Well best wishes to all! :fl :jumpy

Congrats!!
yesss.gif
If it takes 24 hours to finish zipping, it will only be a day early! I'm waiting on 4 eggs out of 24 shipped eggs.
sad.png
They were set 21 days ago tonight (9:45 p.m.) but my hopes aren't very high. Last shipped eggs I tried to hatch, I got 1 out of 12. I think I'm going to give up on the shipped egg idea, and order some baby chicks, then hatch eggs from them. Shipping is just too disappointing!

We've had 2 of the 4 white silkie eggs pip through the shell this morning. :) It's been so cool! These are our daughter's hen's eggs... and our daughter's 12yr birthday today as well! What a great birthday present for her!

One of the eggs continued to work at it & hatched an hour later. The other has made no progress. I'm a bit worried about that one... it's been like 4 hours. I'm going to leave it be though, hopefully it's just taking a nap. So happy we have 1 hatched at least though... keeping our fingers crossed for the other 3!!

We've had 2 of the 4 white silkie eggs pip through the shell this morning. :) It's been so cool! These are our daughter's hen's eggs... and our daughter's 12yr birthday today as well! What a great birthday present for her! One of the eggs continued to work at it & hatched an hour later. The other has made no progress. I'm a bit worried about that one... it's been like 4 hours. I'm going to leave it be though, hopefully it's just taking a nap. So happy we have 1 hatched at least though... keeping our fingers crossed for the other 3!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AND HAPPY B-DAY!!! :yiipchick :thumbsup

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom