Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

Quote:
Your guess date? Haven't you been going to an OB?

Can't wait to see the pics of all the new babies! Wyatt rolled over for the first time this morning. I fell like I don't even have a baby any more, he's getting so big.
roll.png

I have been going to a midwife.

I'm doing a child birth class called hypnobabies. They recommend calling your due date your guess date, fetus is baby or better yet the babies name, the delivery is the birth or giving birth and the doctor attends your birthing, pain is discomfort, contractions are pressure waves, labor is your birthing time, etc. I know it sounds odd, but words that we chose have a big impact on how we feel about things. Like they say you would be less likely to go smell a rose if it was called stinkweed.

So although Dec 28 is 38 weeks from the date I ovulated and got my IUI, she could be born anywhere from 3 weeks before or 2 weeks after that date. Hence she is not due on any particular date. That date is just a guess of when she will be born.

Quote:
5 weeks to go and almost ready. I've been sewing baby slings/carriers and cloth diapers just for fun. I still have quite a collection from the previous 3, but it's always fun to have a few new things. I still have a few things to wash and set up, but everything is falling into place.

Quote:
Your guess date? Haven't you been going to an OB?

Can't wait to see the pics of all the new babies! Wyatt rolled over for the first time this morning. I fell like I don't even have a baby any more, he's getting so big.
roll.png

I have been going to a midwife.

I'm doing a child birth class called hypnobabies. They recommend calling your due date your guess date, fetus is baby or better yet the babies name, the delivery is the birth or giving birth and the doctor attends your birthing, pain is discomfort, contractions are pressure waves, labor is your birthing time, etc. I know it sounds odd, but words that we chose have a big impact on how we feel about things. Like they say you would be less likely to go smell a rose if it was called stinkweed.

So although Dec 28 is 38 weeks from the date I ovulated and got my IUI, she could be born anywhere from 3 weeks before or 2 weeks after that date. Hence she is not due on any particular date. That date is just a guess of when she will be born.

Phew, ok, that makes sense, but for a minute I thought you weren't getting any prenatal care and I was going to have to
smack.gif
you.
wink.png

Congrats krcote!!! I've heard one of the b vitamins are really good for morning sickness( either b6 or b12). So maybe try to take a b-complex and see if it helps.

I luckily never got morning sickness. I'm just suffering with food aversions, big time. I'm not hungry, nothing sounds good and if I force myself to eat something I usually can't finish it. This has been going on for about a week and a half. Going to the midwife today so I'll talk to her about it.

I made it to week 12 with no vomiting myself! congrats all you new momies to be.

my cat has decided that the bassinet that my mom got me is very comfy...guess I will need to find a place to put it where it wont get cat hair all over it.

anyone else here nervous? This will be my 1st and I am feeling particularly not ready...am I the only one?
hide.gif
trying to learn from my broody hens!
tongue2.gif

I may have a long way to go yet, but I dont feel like I will magically mature and be ready to be mom in 6 months or so. Guess I have no choice! oh boy!

Last edited:
rcentner- This will be my 5th birth and I am still nervous and feeling bratty... Like nooo,,,,, I don't WANNA give birth.... it HURTS! Waah!

Back
Top Bottom