farmers life

what do you have

• Total voters
Pics

ejtrout31

Crowing
Aug 13, 2018
Deer River Minnesota
so this is a chat thread for all us crazy farmers. To become close and have a good laugh.

I will start with introducing my self-
I am a small town girl born and raised in 4-h and ffa
i am currently in high school
i have always had chickens, cattle, rabbits,ducks, barn cats and a dog.
I am the youngest in my family other than my 4 nephes and i neice
my grandma lives across my hayfield
she has the cattle barn but there pasture is by my house
i have quail that i recently got

in this thread feel free to talk farm and anything else
we love funny stories too

I almost forgot my Name is Ellie Trout
feel free to call me fish or trout i am used to it.

so my first funny story

so my first heifer i brought to the county fairs name was rosy after a week of halter breaking her she was renamed as rodeo rosy because i was walking her in the barnyard and we have a big pile of manure and she took of and i let go so she started bucking like a rodeo bull.

Last edited:
so my first funny story

so my first heifer i brought to the county fairs name was rosy after a week of halter breaking her she was renamed as rodeo rosy because i was walking her in the barnyard and we have a big pile of manure and she took of and i let go so she started bucking like a rodeo bull.
:lau

Back when I was in HS and FFA.. I was gleaning a corn field , putting the missed ears in a gunny sack, I tied the sack on the saddle and secured it with a large horse blanket pin. Started to trot off and the horse exploded under me. bucking and twirling. I fell off but kept ahold of the reins. he kept bucking.. I figure out the poor horse had gotten poked by the pin that had opened up when he trotted.
Well I thought this was a funny story until I read what I typed.

Back when I was in HS and FFA.. I was gleaning a corn field , putting the missed ears in a gunny sack, I tied the sack on the saddle and secured it with a large horse blanket pin. Started to trot off and the horse exploded under me. bucking and twirling. I fell off but kept ahold of the reins. he kept bucking.. I figure out the poor horse had gotten poked by the pin that had opened up when he trotted.
Well I thought this was a funny story until I read what I typed.

Our county fair wanted to do something fun for the cattle people like they do for the horses so we have a costume contest the first year an older guy who owns the county feed store brought out a calf in a hola scirt and he was in a coconut bra and was playing a ukulele my grandma put that picture in my memory book so I can never forget it.
Somehow I still did better than him. I was dressed up as Mrs Paul Bunyan with a apron and hat with fake flowers.
My cow had a blue sheet with puffy paint that said Mrs. Babe the big blue ox and she had a matching hat with a chin strap on.

Back
Top Bottom