Faverolles Thread

My coop is just finished! My chooks are between 5 and 6 weeks old. daytime temps this week are between 64 and 82 degrees, but nighttime is between 40 (one night) and 60 degrees. Can they go into the coop? They are really tired of the cardboard boxes. The photos of the Ameraucana and the 2 Faverolles are recent.
Thanks for any advice.

My coop is just finished! My chooks are between 5 and 6 weeks old. daytime temps this week are between 64 and 82 degrees, but nighttime is between 40 (one night) and 60 degrees. Can they go into the coop? They are really tired of the cardboard boxes. The photos of the Ameraucana and the 2 Faverolles are recent. Thanks for any advice.
Yes, they can stay outside. Faverolles are winter hardy so temps in the 40s are no problem.

Last edited:
Hi all! I have never posted to this thread before but I hatched my very first (chicks!) Faverolle's (eggs from a BYC'er) in the Easter Hatch-a-long and I have these two girls that I would love some input on. I don't at all know what I should be looking for as far as coloring is concerned. Unfortunately I can only keep one of these girls and I would love input on which "looks-wise" is the better of the two? They both have very sweet personalities. Although the fluffier (Pullet A) one is a little more laid back in the brooder - yet talks more in hand. They are unfortunately in that awkward stage lol.

Pullet A

Pullet B

A is on top, B is on bottom.

Cute! Love them! It's still a little early, they must be around seven weeks or so? After the juvenile molt the big girl feathers should be more apparent. Are you looking to show? If not, I'd always go for the friendlier of the two.

Yes, they can stay outside. Faverolles are winter hardy so temps in the 40s are no problem.
I think when it is the first times its good to monitor the high low temperatures, offer a corner or box that they can pile into….If it still has some freezing weather i would take more time getting them used to it.

Hi! Would any of you have both bantam and LF faverolles and be willing to post a picture of both side-by-side?

I’m trying to get an idea of how much smaller bantam faverolles are compared to LF, not by weight but by size, and would really love to see them both together!

Back
Top Bottom