Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
The first Black-headed Grosbeak showed up yesterday, I love hearing the males sing!
Never seen one of those, I am too far east.

In my childhood we used to see Rose-breasted and Evening grosbeaks in New England. A few years ago I had Rose-breasted grosbeaks stop at my feeders here in NC, on their way somewhere. It was very exciting!

I have had one show up during the past 2 years.
Looks like you are in their path, lucky you! Its rare for me to see them.

Screenshot_20240424-073954.png

Never seen one of those, I am too far east.

In my childhood we used to see Rose-breasted and Evening grosbeaks in New England. A few years ago I had Rose-breasted grosbeaks stop at my feeders here in NC, on their way somewhere. It was very exciting!
We used to see Evening Grosbeaks here too but they are extremely rare here now. :(

We used to see Evening Grosbeaks here too but they are extremely rare here now. :(
When we lived in Connecticut a flock would invariably arrive at our feeders January 1. My mother kept a journal and it happened often on New Year's day. They'd strip the feeders and then move on.

Gorgeous birds.
th (3).jpeg

(internet photo)

When we lived in Connecticut a flock would invariably arrive at our feeders January 1. My mother kept a journal and it happened often on New Year's day. They'd strip the feeders and then move on.

Gorgeous birds.
View attachment 3810265
(internet photo)
Beautiful birds aren't they?! They've become irruptive around here. I think our drought has got them going elsewhere in search of food.

Back
Top Bottom