Finally finished Coop- now I can post my introduction :)

WhiteOwl

Chirping
7 Years
May 4, 2017
Hello!
If I could have looked into my future 10 years ago into today I would be shocked. I was a city girl, raised in Chicago IL for most my life. After we transitioned to the far suburbs, we wanted something larger with no association rules so we moved to a 5 acre horse farm. Well we don't have horse but we have ducks.

What started as 5 Blue Swedish ducks from farm and fleet quickly became a second order to Metzer Farms for 4 Cayugas and 3 Welsh Harlequins. So 12 ducks total for a beginner. This was in April.

I did lurk for awhile but since Phase 1 of coop/run is done I can finally post my introduction. I'm pretty proud of what we built since everyone that lived in our home this year (we hosted 2 exchange students) helped build/decorate it. That also includes our 3 children ranging from 15 to 5.

I'm a teacher by trade but am taking some time off from the profession. Other hobbies that I enjoy is seeing new places (vacationing) and collecting playmobil (like lego but bigger). IMG_3972 2.JPG

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Yes, we never can tell what is in our future! And boy, do these birds burrow deeply into our hearts.

Beautiful coop! Love the design. :)

Well, pull up a roost bar, we do hope you enjoy BYC! :)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Lovely intro and what a super cute coop you have there! You really have done a great job with it. Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Your coop is precious!
Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:
Get settled in and share some pics of your flock!

Back
Top Bottom