First Egg Countdown

Yay! I just got my first squat over here!! My BA Betty aka jerk chicken (she was a feisty chick
1f609.png
) she's 17weeks! I can't wait for some eggs!!!

I GOT A SQUAT!!!!
She has big waxy red comb and wattles, The nest box has been rearranged, and the squatter has a wide moist vent and 2 to 3 finger spaces between her pin bones. But today I actually got THE squat!!!
It's one of my 2 BA's. She will be 20 weeks on Thursday, so let's hope that it is this week and that her sisters all pay close attention and start earning their keep! If she does, she'll beat out my apparently lazy GSL. I figure I'll have to wait a bit for the EEs and Welsummer crosses.

I GOT A SQUAT!!!!
She has big waxy red comb and wattles, The nest box has been rearranged, and the squatter has a wide moist vent and 2 to 3 finger spaces between her pin bones. But today I actually got THE squat!!!
It's one of my 2 BA's. She will be 20 weeks on Thursday, so let's hope that it is this week and that her sisters all pay close attention and start earning their keep! If she does, she'll beat out my apparently lazy GSL. I figure I'll have to wait a bit for the EEs and Welsummer crosses.

How exciting
1f60a.png
I'm fairly certain at least my first egg was from my BA, I'm not sure about the second since the egg was so different and I have 4 squatters at the moment, 2 of which are at 2fingers so I suspect my second egg came from my SS. Surprising to me though my 18 w EE was the 3rd to squat! So excited to see her eggs!!!

This kid is killing me!!!! 19.5 weeks, Squatting, 2-3 finger spaces between the pin bones, red comb and wattles, large moist vent.
WHERE ARE MY EGGS?!?!??

I got my first egg about 9 days ago now nothing! The anxiety waiting for the second one is worse then the first!

Aaaaaaaaah! I cant imagine that!!!! Hang in there!

I was lucky, after I last posted, 1 of mine started laying on 8/13 and I was super lucky, I got 3 eggs in a row, then 1 day off on Monday and I got a sweet surprise on Tuesday when there were 2 (a 2nd egg form a new layer) and 2 again yesterday. I have 2 more squatting, so I am super excited every day to see whats in my boxes.

Back
Top Bottom