FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
An old fellow who has raised a lot of birds told me to do this years ago. I had a Sex-Link male that would peck hard at the back of my legs and I got tired of it and gave him a few swift kicks across the yard. I finally took him to an auction with a few other birds. Maybe a change in his environment changed his tune. I have had a couple of others that liked to peck and did the head bend and they stopped.

Quote:
I have auto waterers on all of my coops and the birds were trying to stand in them and when they did it would stop the water from filling the bowls. I have put pans out but then some want to stand in the pans while others are trying to drink out of them and it was kind of grossing me out. I added another sprinkler so the coverage is better and now they are content to lay out or just scratch in the water cooled sand under the trees in their pens.

I need to get a pool for my girls. I think they stay cool enough. Sometimes they just stand in the mister but maybe for my own entertainment I should put a small one in the run!
I would. My birds go into and out of the water from the sprinklers in their pens. Some will stand under them and some like to run through them. They entertain me. They are all different and some want no part of them but like to lay under their shade tree in the water cooled sand.

Today's temperature.
Ugh that's horrible. I'm out of town for a few more days but the hubby is taking care of the girls. I have him putting ice bottles in their water bucket before work then switch them out after work along with the mister on all day. I miss them which is so weird but they are entertaining and I have 3 at laying age I'm still waiting on a first egg from

That's about the same temps here. Our feather heads are starting to come back around to acting normal again. We thought for sure we were going to lose 2 more. Thankfully with diligence theyou are coming around

Back
Top Bottom