About twice a week I have been giving the chicks little tastes of something new. Scrambled eggs, oatmeal, crushed crackers. Well tonight we had leftover lasagna so I cut it up into small pieces and gave em a little. They loved it of course but what I noticed was Pecan (baby roo) was tid bitting the girls! He would take a piece lay it down in from for the girls and use his beak to push it towards them and peck at it but not eat it. I didn’t expect to see this behavior so young. Had to share as I found it adorable. :love

I thought it smelled OK. lol. I sprayed neem oil in my garden last year, not much result on pest control. So this year I am just letting doing nothing. I keep telling myself that I am doing permaculture (neem oil is only organic gardening),
It only lasts/is effective for a period of time. How longs depends on the environment. On plants, it's half live is very short, meaning it would need to be reapplied to maintain it's effective repellent effects.
This would have been impossible a week ago-Gaston and Chipie.
IMG_20220913_085841.jpg
Gaston is getting quite large - look how leggy he is! He will really be something once he fills out from his lanky teen form. How handsome! 😍 😍

And I just love spunkie Chipie! What a beautiful little lady!

About twice a week I have been giving the chicks little tastes of something new. Scrambled eggs, oatmeal, crushed crackers. Well tonight we had leftover lasagna so I cut it up into small pieces and gave em a little. They loved it of course but what I noticed was Pecan (baby roo) was tid bitting the girls! He would take a piece lay it down in from for the girls and use his beak to push it towards them and peck at it but not eat it. I didn’t expect to see this behavior so young. Had to share as I found it adorable. :love
That is so cute and wonderful ❤️

No lobster, or scallops, or blue crab? No yellowfin tuna, or steaks 🥩. (Just asking)?

Back
Top Bottom