My weather is improving, we almost hit 40 today. Finally the water hose unthawed. I'm feeling good. I still have to be careful about lifting but the good news is I have not even had to have a prescription Motrin in almost 48 hours.
That’s wonderful Rebecca! So glad you’re really on the mend.

So this morning I let out the feathered kids. It is in the low thirties today. I was triumphant that I got them through this cold. Until I saw Oreo come out … it appears like he might have frostbite on his comb, but it could be dirt too. How does one tell, if you cant touch it!?! Why would it show up now after the worst of the cold is over? He is acting normally, even trying to wing dance the girls. Eating well drinking well. Waddles look perfect. I know a picture would be great and I will get one in the morning but I have been running around all day trying to think of things to do. I gave him crushed baby aspirin 25mg/lb gave him warm mash, and put some nutradrench in the main waterer in the coop. I have not touched it and I have not put anything on it either. Should I try and dab some blue kote or vetermyican on it?

So this morning I let out the feathered kids. It is in the low thirties today. I was triumphant that I got them through this cold. Until I saw Oreo come out … it appears like he might have frostbite on his comb, but it could be dirt too. How does one tell, if you cant touch it!?! Why would it show up now after the worst of the cold is over? He is acting normally, even trying to wing dance the girls. Eating well drinking well. Waddles look perfect. I know a picture would be great and I will get one in the morning but I have been running around all day trying to think of things to do. I gave him crushed baby aspirin 25mg/lb gave him warm mash, and put some nutradrench in the main waterer in the coop. I have not touched it and I have not put anything on it either. Should I try and dab some blue kote or vetermyican on it?
Tomorrow is Wednesday. You should ask Aurora about that!

I did not know that. Plumbers came. I have running water (from the faucets not the ceiling).
Yay!
Well now that’s a good thing! Water should always come from the taps and not the ceiling or walls hahahaha 😊

So happy for you

Happy tax

Do big birds count?
95D465B2-D6B7-4BBB-8651-D7F1FE4519E3.jpeg

No? Ok well how about this?

18BAE1D6-881D-4454-BA98-075694018965.jpeg
DF585728-EAC2-4E28-B095-B64060657E9A.jpeg

Oh come on , really, no? Ok what about this little ham 😊
F4AF9994-7327-41DA-A94B-88DE86492ED4.jpeg

What do you mean that’s not a ham? Well of course it’s a goat! What? No - has to be a chicken ? Sheesh tough crowd!

How about two molting Grey Ladies 💕

29D78CD0-CAAA-45F0-973F-1884CA71876E.jpeg

Last edited:
Let us agree to disagree on that one. A nice 65 to 70 with absolutely NO humidity year round. If you cannot guess spring is my favorite season. It is starting to warm up, but not terribly hot and I can go outside without my clothes melting to me.
70 maybe but definitely no colder!

Even my chickies find anything cooler to cold! I am sure….

Back
Top Bottom