So this morning I let out the feathered kids. It is in the low thirties today. I was triumphant that I got them through this cold. Until I saw Oreo come out … it appears like he might have frostbite on his comb, but it could be dirt too. How does one tell, if you cant touch it!?! Why would it show up now after the worst of the cold is over? He is acting normally, even trying to wing dance the girls. Eating well drinking well. Waddles look perfect. I know a picture would be great and I will get one in the morning but I have been running around all day trying to think of things to do. I gave him crushed baby aspirin 25mg/lb gave him warm mash, and put some nutradrench in the main waterer in the coop. I have not touched it and I have not put anything on it either. Should I try and dab some blue kote or vetermyican on it?
Is it black? The tissue dies and then turns black. Just leave it, the tissue will dry up and fall off, good idea on the aspirin as I am for sure certain it is sore (having had frost bite on my cheeks 3 times - ouch). Remember birds will hide their pain better then we do.

Well now that’s a good thing! Water should always come from the taps and not the ceiling or walls hahahaha 😊

So happy for you

Happy tax

Do big birds count?
View attachment 3360083

No? Ok well how about this?

View attachment 3360085View attachment 3360084

Oh come on , really, no? Ok what about this little ham 😊
View attachment 3360089

What do you mean that’s not a ham? Well of course it’s a goat! What? No - has to be a chicken ? Sheesh tough crowd!

How about two molting Grey Ladies 💕

View attachment 3360092
Had to just edit this - noticed it said water comes from gas - ugh - meant TAPS… 😁

Is it black? The tissue dies and then turns black. Just leave it, the tissue will dry up and fall off, good idea on the aspirin as I am for sure certain it is sore (having had frost bite on my cheeks 3 times - ouch). Remember birds will hide their pain better then we do.
It is indeed black, it looked perfect yesterday today I see a black spot on one side of his comb and down closer by his head. It could be dirt and I am in a tizzy over nothing but everybody says do not touch it. I know it must hurt like crazy, aspirin was my first thought having read here it was safe.

You can keep those I only want the PJ's
F788003B-D3B3-4719-ABD8-AFD095599327.gif

It is indeed black, it looked perfect yesterday today I see a black spot on one side of his comb and down closer by his head. It could be dirt and I am in a tizzy over nothing but everybody says do not touch it. I know it must hurt like crazy, aspirin was my first thought having read here it was safe.
Ya I am sure it’s tender, just make sure no one pecks at it. It happens, all you can do is try to keep them out of the wind and not get wet.

My horse got her ears wet and then frost bite on her ear tips. The tips eventually dried up and flaked off.

Back
Top Bottom