Porch this morning, it was still pretty dark at 7am with the snow on the Little Run roof. I need to remember to rotate the iPad so it will be more full screen, sorry. I think the camera infra red probably helped them jump down! Porch has enough room for everyone to take their time. Someone was still in the coop snoozing, I checked.View attachment 3381960
View attachment 3381961
View attachment 3381962

And Thursday evening, caught them going in
View attachment 3381963
Perfect. That really is great work on your part. Well designed and thought out. Nicely done. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

A Gift
A friend of mine gave me this on Friday. She created this herself without photoshopping anything. A semi-original piece of art.

Chicken Gothic.png

Notable to me is it appears they’ve continued hanging together since breakfast. Nice!
Bernie -ahem - Queen Bernadette - is figuring out her benevolent ruler role?
I think figuring it out is right. She goes back and forth a bit between chilling with her subjects and herding them from one place to another.
They did spend a lot of time preening in the pasture run. Not exactly cuddled up, but definitely together.
06E73FEA-A552-4007-9FD6-5650432DF524.jpeg

Porch this morning, it was still pretty dark at 7am with the snow on the Little Run roof. I need to remember to rotate the iPad so it will be more full screen, sorry. I think the camera infra red probably helped them jump down! Porch has enough room for everyone to take their time. Someone was still in the coop snoozing, I checked.View attachment 3381960
View attachment 3381961
View attachment 3381962

View attachment 3381963
Looks like they are really making use of it and enjoying it! Job well done!

View attachment 3381961
View attachment 3381962

View attachment 3381963
Oh great. I have been waiting to see them using it. Looks like a big success to me - great job!

Sadly no change
I was so optimistic that they might roost together tonight because it was such a peaceful day. There was hanging out together, eating together, and even a preening party.
But come dusk the Math Majors hopped up to the rafters leaving Bernie looking longingly up until she thought better of it and roosted alone.
Alternatively if this goes on you might give Bernie a way to get up there instead. How is she for landings?

Back
Top Bottom