Thank you for asking. She is doing fine. She has been more active, acting kinda normal. I've yet to see her dustbath though.
Oh that is so wonderful! Glad you put her on the antibiotics. Let me know what you find out about the prednisone, Blanche hasn't laid an egg in a bit (she laid one on the 1st and the 4th) and I am betting she has started to slow again. I have been keeping an eye on her to make sure she is doing well.

As of now, not really, i would hate putting the only other hen his size with him, she would get beat up and overmated.

However, i have some babies about 6 weeks old, when they get older, he will have more hens and i’ll put all of them in there with him.

I’m struggling on a decision though, out of the babies, there is one rooster. Should i only put the rooster with him and have a hen coop, or just see how it goes with two roosters and some hens?
@RebeccaBoyd would be the best person to ask this.

Caught you! My bottom is NOT ready for Fluffy Butt Friday!
IMG_2069.jpg

I found an instant gratification tool for the chooks:
(Serve by hand, individually, at room temperature):gigView attachment 3459019
Ok so I didn't know chickens like raisins... I should try mine with this instant gratification food item!

I was in the ER all day wwas in pain. Did ultra sound showed fatty liver, did ct scan and showed colitis. Got a nausea shot and pain med shot and steroids.

View attachment 3459043
Glad they checked for colitis, you should be getting proper treatment for that; to confirm they should really do a sigmoidoscopy (think colonoscopy) to follow up.

RC how high is your fenced forage area? (The one they were drinking misty water from that is visible in the bottom of this photo? It runs most of the length of the main coop, yes? and is probably about 4' wide, I'm guessing (the width of a cattle panel ? yes?) ???
There are two of them on either side of the second covered run.
They are 4’x12’ and they slope down. I can measure when I get home but at the lowest edge about 15” and it probably goes up to about 20” where it attaches to the run.
Each one has two pop doors so I can seal them off if I want and when both are open no chicken can get stuck in a dead end.
That leads to many hilarious Benny Hill style chases going around and around and in and out!
The middle two sections of each one can be opened up like a blanket box. That way I can dump dead leaves in there or retrieve a chicken if I have to.
They seem to be a favorite hang out.

Back
Top Bottom