Congrats on the 100 Pastel! And I totally understand why you are upset, that is a rough thing to go through during the school year. Sounds like you hate the situation changing more than the teacher though.

My friend and her kids came to play today. 3 kids plus mine, I couldn't keep up! I kept apologizing to her because my brain isn't working as fast with these meds but she said it's fine. They adore the chickens and might get some next year if things work out. 😌
Shep and Morinth were all about those kids, coming over for pets and begging for treats. They gave them...way too many alfalfa pellets but each kid wanted to give a scoop. Oh well no more treats for the weekend then.
🙃 and then my mom sends over lettuce, asparagus stems, and orange peels for the chooks!
20240328_182059.jpg
20240328_182104.jpg

Also my favorite yarn pattern company released their easter crochet-along, which is an adorable frizzle chicken!
Screenshot_20240328_174903_Adblock Browser Beta.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_174859_Adblock Browser Beta.jpg
I OBVIOUSLY need to make this cutie ASAP

Subs:.. during World War Two, they caused a lot of damage to allied shipping. Those German UBoats were sinking tons of ships and cargo. Even the latest subs have had their deadly troubles.
This does not deter me from going to Subway for a submarine sandwich. 9 grain toasted wheat bread, salami, ham, shredded beef, provolone cheese, black olives, lettuce, avocado, tomato slices and spinach leaves!
:drool

Congrats on the 100 Pastel! And I totally understand why you are upset, that is a rough thing to go through during the school year. Sounds like you hate the situation changing more than the teacher though.

My friend and her kids came to play today. 3 kids plus mine, I couldn't keep up! I kept apologizing to her because my brain isn't working as fast with these meds but she said it's fine. They adore the chickens and might get some next year if things work out. 😌
Shep and Morinth were all about those kids, coming over for pets and begging for treats. They gave them...way too many alfalfa pellets but each kid wanted to give a scoop. Oh well no more treats for the weekend then.
🙃 and then my mom sends over lettuce, asparagus stems, and orange peels for the chooks!
View attachment 3784744
View attachment 3784745

Also my favorite yarn pattern company released their easter crochet-along, which is an adorable frizzle chicken!
View attachment 3784746
View attachment 3784747
I OBVIOUSLY need to make this cutie ASAP
I really should get into town! :oops:

So the first hour off the roost in the mornings and the last hour or so before bed is when my boys feel the friskiest. If I want to know who is breeding who those are the prime times to watch the soap opera's play out. Lately I am dead to the world when they get off the roost but I have been creeping and or stalking them in the evenings. Well, to be fair, creeping on Poppet. I have been waiting to see when she would accept the advances of Branch to show me a sign that first egg is on it's way. To my dismay while she is first in line if Branch tidbits, if he even thought of dancing for her she ninja kicked him let alone try to mount her.
On this evenings edition of "As the coop turns" or "clucks of our lives" there was a new development.
I am doing dishes, creeping on the chickens out back. Branch and Bubba are making their nightly rounds through their harems. Branch tidbits and Poppet comes a running. Branch dances around her, Poppet stands still. I am shocked and I think so was Branch, she did not kick the snot out of him. Branch then gently attempts to mount her. Poppet just sidestepped out of the way and proceeded to groom his beard. Progress people, this is progress and for me a huge development and sign. I think I need to have Rosie drag me out of bed kicking and screaming in the morning to creep some more on the lovebirds morning activity.

The sick girl, who is eating well and was right in the scrum for fried eggs and carrots. Slathered her butt cream on and she went right to nap. View attachment 3784536

So! I have suspicions that all three BCMarans chicks are boys.
Exhibits:

View attachment 3784537
Well, this is Coach. He is large enough to frighten the dog, has wattles growing at 2 weeks old, and huge feet. I posted him on a local FB group and will give it another day to simmer.

View attachment 3784556
This is the second chick, who is also two weeks old. Quite large feet and comb (although nowhere near as large as Coach’s), not much tail. Looks cockerelly to me, but will certainly give them the benefit of the doubt. Thoughts?

View attachment 3784558
The smallest and cutest BCM, at just a week old. Its wings are TINY, feathers half as long as any of the other 1 week old chicks. And nearly no tail development either. I can’t wait to see if those “signs” mean anything.
Well now, I would say that they are lovely wee kiddos, and time will tell 😊💕 enjoy their cute wee fluffy bums and take a lot of photos for us as they grow.
❤️❤️

Yes they can be fun IF you have a good Roo, a bad Roo makes life miserable for you and the hens.

My wee cockerel Bert is going through his Jack-arse idiot jerk phase. So far he hasn’t been too bad and hopefully the hens keep him inline until he gets some brains 😊 and he has just started crowing, he is 18 weeeks old today.

View attachment 3784501View attachment 3784502
He is a Polish (his Dada - Mr P) x Silkie (his Mama - Fluffy) don’t ask what his colour is, I call it melting creamsicle haha.
Hopefully any bad behavior in him melts.

Back
Top Bottom