Branch is one lucky little rooster. Lucky that I love the idiot, and lucky that I was outside yesterday afternoon. It was almost 70 yesterday, so we spent the whole day outside. Cleaning up the yard, working on the hay pile and other things that get neglected when it is freezing outside. My brother also decided it was the perfect day to do maintenance on his motorcycle to get it ready for riding season. One of the things he did was a oil change. After he was done he set the container of old oil with his other garbage to take care of when he got done with a 15 minute ride to make sure everything was running smoothly. What does my little idiot do, he runs up and attacks the bucket and knocks it over spilling the old oil all over himself. I now have to catch him, which for the first time in his life he did not want me to do and bring him in for a emergency bath with dawn dishwashing liquid. It took 30 minutes to get the oil and the scent of it off of him. I found out he loves baths, and then really loved the blow dryer I had to use to dry him off. If I had not been out to witness this by the time I found him, just the scent of the oil could have made him sick. I hope chickens have 9 lives like cats, because he's already with yesterdays stupidity used up 2 of them. The first being when he tried to drown himself at 5 weeks old.
I'm so glad you were there to save him. Very frightening. Silly boy.

I really like the flexibility of the cordless… sure it’s just a small blade, not as powerful as the corded ones… but I can walk across my yard and cut the plywood at my pallet o ply and carry the smaller piece to where I need it! 😂 and it beats firing up the generator! I can slice through that random little branch across the road… when I do driveway cleanup I just drive the truck, cut things into manageable chunks and toss them in while driving sown for say water, and back up… most of our hose has been built with those batteries! And I use them to light the trailer too! I hope they make another version of the ripple shop lights, they have been awesome
I bought my first set of ryobi tools as a gift for myself so long ago they are the original blue ones! I got a new jig saw (first one fell apart) and a screw gun/ impact driver set maybe 5 years ago as gifts. We also have the weed wacker which has the bigger battery. I really want some of the newer slim batteries, my hands are small and arthritic..

Attachments

• 20210101_133049.jpg
    20210101_133049.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 1
I bought my first set of ryobi tools as a gift for myself so long ago they are the original blue ones! I got a new jig saw (first one fell apart) and a screw gun/ impact driver set maybe 5 years ago as gifts. We also have the weed wacker which has the bigger battery. I really want some of the newer slim batteries, my hands are small and arthritic..
My weed wacker uses the small batteries. It is a smaller model.

My first ryobi was also blue. It was the heavy duty cement hand drill. Same battery as the green ones when they came out.

For the drill and impact driver the slim ones are awesome, but for the more power hungry tools the 4 & 6 ah ones seem to give better performance. I got my first set (the old blue ones too!) from my uncle AFTER we finished the house renovations… he upgraded to Rigid (professional plumber) and “retired” his house tools to me when he retired and his work tools moved in. The balance point is better on the new circular saw design as well. And the sales are awesome. The salesman tried to talk me out of buying the multi charger, because it only charges one battery at a time and he didn’t think it was worth buying… until we explained that we have a 15 minute drive to get to an outlet with shore power! I can plug all my empties in overnight and pick them up the next morning fully charged. The best art is they batteries still work with the older tools too. So you can just add new tools and upgrade batteries without having to buy a whole new set.

I have friends that have bought dewalt and Milwaukee and have three different battery styles that aren’t compatible… also when I’m working and I’ve drained all but one of my batteries I can just swap it back and forth between tools, not the most convenient, but definitely better than having to pack it in for the. Day because the battery died on my drill and I only have the one type that fits it!

Tool tax: this mornings alarm clock keeps going off… and despite feeding him scrambled eggs the snooze button seems to not be working! He’s well on the road to recovery and still pretty handsome… spoiled house rooster!
7C5AF652-AB0C-448D-9855-FCC25F3C5CF3.jpeg

For the drill and impact driver the slim ones are awesome, but for the more power hungry tools the 4 & 6 ah ones seem to give better performance. I got my first set (the old blue ones too!) from my uncle AFTER we finished the house renovations… he upgraded to Rigid (professional plumber) and “retired” his house tools to me when he retired and his work tools moved in. The balance point is better on the new circular saw design as well. And the sales are awesome. The salesman tried to talk me out of buying the multi charger, because it only charges one battery at a time and he didn’t think it was worth buying… until we explained that we have a 15 minute drive to get to an outlet with shore power! I can plug all my empties in overnight and pick them up the next morning fully charged. The best art is they batteries still work with the older tools too. So you can just add new tools and upgrade batteries without having to buy a whole new set.

I have friends that have bought dewalt and Milwaukee and have three different battery styles that aren’t compatible… also when I’m working and I’ve drained all but one of my batteries I can just swap it back and forth between tools, not the most convenient, but definitely better than having to pack it in for the. Day because the battery died on my drill and I only have the one type that fits it!

Tool tax: this mornings alarm clock keeps going off… and despite feeding him scrambled eggs the snooze button seems to not be working! He’s well on the road to recovery and still pretty handsome… spoiled house rooster!View attachment 3001741
Poor fellow. My jig saw and sanders really suck the batteries down fast. I have enough batteries now that I can charge them faster than I can use then all up. If I start with a full load I can work all day. I have one of the super batteries that I got with the hedge clippers that lasts longer than the rest. I think that is the larger ones you were referencing @Kris5902

Tool tax
20220221_150351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom