So today after we got the front door in we had to get organized for DH’s medical appointment trip and get water into the trailer (cause if I’m driving down with him I’m going to get water). While I was doing some quick chores around the yard in preparation for our departure our friends that we are having help with some of the labour started laughing and said out loud “does she even realize she’s being followed around by a giant herd of chickens?” So I turned around and snapped this quick pic… if only they had seen it when it was closer to 100 chickens in the “herd” lol or in the morning, doing the early feeding chores etc! Because honestly as far as huge groups of chickens on my heels goes… this little band of hopefuls is actually pretty small! 😂 View attachment 2997352View attachment 2997358
Front door! Such an exciting step in house building :)

I put in this door today
20220217_222039.jpg
20220217_222102.jpg

Those of you with auto door, how noisy/loud is yours?

Nestbox Nonsense!!

It's back!!! Your favorite silly game!!! Everyone has decided it is time to start laying eggs again. I have 3 out of 6 six laying and a fourth seems interested in joining the party! Of course with 5 potential nestboxes everyone knows how easy this will be. There is one for every hen. Which will they each choose? There is only one way to find out! Enjoy this 11 minute video. Trust me it is worth watching the mayhem ensue all the way to the end. I will not spoil it by revealing what happens.

Just remember that until today, Phyllis has been laying in the cluckle hut. Sydney laid her first egg in over a month yesterday. Here it is.

View attachment 2997115

Nestbox Nonsense the video, enjoy!

You are so lucky! You don't have to wait for the sequel! It happened today as well.

I give you.........Nestbox Nonsense II, Revenge of the Polish.

And don't you dare look ahead and open this spoiler until you have watched both films.

So, who actually laid eggs today? Let's see who can guess it right.

@Ribh @MaryJanet @LozzyR @Aussie-Chookmum @micstrachan @ChicoryBlue @Shadrach
Sydney, Phyllis and Aurora

Ok, now that it is go time it is time to guess what color will the chicks be. Will they be White, Buff or seeing how it was suggested Chiquita could be some sort of partridge will a partridge chick hatch? The boys she was housed with for these eggs were White, and Buff.
A white, a buff and a partridge 🙂

Ok, now that it is go time it is time to guess what color will the chicks be. Will they be White, Buff or seeing how it was suggested Chiquita could be some sort of partridge will a partridge chick hatch? The boys she was housed with for these eggs were White, and Buff.
I guess: 2 buff and 1 partridge for the 3

Back
Top Bottom