You all know how if you want it to rain go wash your car right? Well, that also apparently applies to giving your pony a bath. The girls got all the burrs out of Lady's mane and tail and gave her a good bath. As they were finishing rinsing her off, it starts raining. I'm really glad Lady was here overnight and today. Along with no riding Rosie was also told she still could not lead Russ yet either. She goes out and pets him, treats him and gives him kisses, but she is not allowed in his stall with him incase he bumps her. She is having serious horse withdraws and it is killing both me and her. Thanks to Lady's size and gentle demeanor most of the time, as long as she uses her left hand she can lead her around and groom her to her hearts content. It was actually Rosie's idea to do the full on bath and not just detangle the mane. I did tell the girls they had better hide from her papaw once he realizes they used his Cowboy Magic. A little of that stuff goes a long way, they used a lot of it.
Here we have a wet pony for Pony Sunday.
View attachment 3248227
Hahahahaha

What a hilarious awesome photo 😆

Wonderful pony!

Well, isn’t this friggin wonderful. Alexander has Covid. I’m not too happy about it either. I’m testing it again. But science is science! :he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he
And now I have a headache from this!!
Frankly when you said you didn't feel well with a headache, very soon after reporting your church friend had Covid, that's what I suspected. I'm sorry you have it!

I had a whole rant and it disappeared when I tried to make it a spoiler, so you are all spared.

Drink a lot of fluids, it won't hurt and could help with the headache and other symptoms. If you feel crappy and that's the worst of it you are lucky. You are lucky you had a choice to be vaccinated and you chose to get the shots.

Here's my tax:
Chick picture to cheer you up, one of the Buckeyes
IMG_20200803_173744540.jpg

Frankly when you said you didn't feel well with a headache, very soon after reporting your church friend had Covid, that's what I suspected. I'm sorry you have it!

I had a whole rant and it disappeared when I tried to make it a spoiler, so you are all spared.

Drink a lot of fluids, it won't hurt and could help with the headache and other symptoms. If you feel crappy and that's the worst of it you are lucky. You are lucky you had a choice to be vaccinated and you chose to get the shots.

Here's my tax:
Chick picture to cheer you up, one of the Buckeyes
View attachment 3248396
That did it! Made me feel good seeing that picture.

I need to get him eating from my hand, he won’t at the moment. When I throw down treat everyone come running and they crowd the poor wee fella out. What I need to do is get him and Marty alone in the barn. Away from the bossy gals!
I've been getting Hazel separate but still with the others through the run gate. She doesn't like the crowd scene and feeding frenzy, maybe because she's molting, and she's more tentative about all food, needs more time to eat her share. So I put two or three little dishes of salt-free sardines on one side and give her one or two dishes on the other (they like to move around between them, the browse /grass is greener thing). She's still with everybody, but they can't get at her dishes.
Another chick pic, this might be Hazel, she had very dark feathers
IMG_20200803_181327223.jpg

This virus is very strange. I’m hungry all the time and can’t seem to feel filled up. I haven’t lost my sense of taste or any more fever lately but it’s hot 🥵 outside and I had to go check on my chooks :love They are doing okay, except Dakota begged me to bring her inside with me. Broke my heart telling her “no, not today sweetheart!”:(

This virus is very strange. I’m hungry all the time and can’t seem to feel filled up. I haven’t lost my sense of taste or any more fever lately but it’s hot 🥵 outside and I had to go check on my chooks :love They are doing okay, except Dakota begged me to bring her inside with me. Broke my heart telling her “no, not today sweetheart!”:(
You won't make her sick with Covid, she can't get it, don't worry about that. But if it's not restful for you, and it keeps you from doing what you need to do to take care of yourself, then don't bring her in. Hope you feel better soon :hugs

I've been getting Hazel separate but still with the others through the run gate. She doesn't like the crowd scene and feeding frenzy, maybe because she's molting, and she's more tentative about all food, needs more time to eat her share. So I put two or three little dishes of salt-free sardines on one side and give her one or two dishes on the other (they like to move around between them, the browse /grass is greener thing). She's still with everybody, but they can't get at her dishes.
Another chick pic, this might be Hazel, she had very dark feathers
View attachment 3248512
Those Buckeyes are the cutest chicks ever!

Back
Top Bottom