Chicken Carousels

We took Eve to an amusement park Saturday night and they have a Carousel museum there. I found this fellow in the museum.

View attachment 3301813View attachment 3301814View attachment 3301815
This took me down a Google rabbit hole to find pictures of the fair I used to go to as a kid (it is famous in its own way) with the carousel that had chickens.

It was fun to do and I did find pictures.

More recently it seems the carousel is all horses, but I found some photos from further back and it was exactly as I remember with horses and chickens.

The photos are all copyright unfortunately and are not good quality. Probably only interesting for me as I remember it so vividly.
But if anyone wants to look I copied the link to one of them.
Judging by the price this was quite a long time after I went as a kid!

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-g...-carousel-st-giles-fair-oxford-130065131.html

Edited to add: oh it actually gives the date of the photo - 2015. So a looong time after I was ā€˜that kidā€™! Nice to see the chickens lasted on the carousel at least until then!

This took me down a Google rabbit hole to find pictures of the fair I used to go to as a kid (it is famous in its own way) with the carousel that had chickens.

It was fun to do and I did find pictures.

More recently it seems the carousel is all horses, but I found some photos from further back and it was exactly as I remember with horses and chickens.

The photos are all copyright unfortunately and are not good quality. Probably only interesting for me as I remember it so vividly.
But if anyone wants to look I copied the link to one of them.
Judging by the price this was quite a long time after I went as a kid!

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-g...-carousel-st-giles-fair-oxford-130065131.html

Edited to add: oh it actually gives the date of the photo - 2015. So a looong time after I was ā€˜that kidā€™! Nice to see the chickens lasted on the carousel at least until then!
That is super cool. What a wonderful memory for you.

Sadly no. I see no chickens in that picture. Only potential chickens.
Had to try.:gig
20221016_112920.jpg

So how are they all getting on? And I bet youā€™re still having fun with them šŸ„°

Arenā€™t you glad you got them ??!!! ā¤ļø

Oh, I'm on to you. You're trying to get me to do something more than just post a drive-by comment with a picture tossed in!

You may recall we got 4 little ones. Sadly, we are down to 3 now. One of the reds developed some problems and was euthanized. I'm surprised at how different this new bunch are compared to the last group. But they still like walking all over us (figuratively and literally). šŸ˜„

20220920_163923.jpg

Life has thrown us a few curveballs and we haven't been able to give them as much attention as we would like, but we have fun with them when we can.

šŸŽ¼Tonightā€™s the night, we make history, honey you and I! Weā€™ll take any risk to turn back the hands of time.
Iā€™m singing this to Flash (the chosen chook to accompany me and Jaffar for this night). :D
Simon and Garfunkel are her favorite songs I guess. She sings along to ā€œthe sound of silenceā€ Flash is one very talented chicken. I sometimes take for granted just how intelligent these chooks really are.

Back
Top Bottom