“It’s because I’m short isn’t it?” :gig
See, again you aren't listening:rolleyes: It's because you always want it, whether we want to give it or not.
sad big brother GIF by Global TV

Whining weather tax for Bob 🥰

This was the one I tried all day to load, Marty in early November
View attachment 3355223

And I just love this photo of Mr P
View attachment 3355225

And a variety of the chickies doing normal everyday awesome things
View attachment 3355224View attachment 3355226

Henny Penny looking very smart
View attachment 3355227
Henny Penny is POW worthy...and if you can crop Marty's pic (so she is a bigger part of photo), she is POW worthy...and a decent contender for winter on the Farm, too, with the frost/snow dusting!.

Okay, darn you and @RebeccaBoyd I've been trying to ignore it, but your silkies are so darn cute!!! Maybe that is how Karma will get me back.:th

48 hours have passed and the temperatures for Friday and Saturday stay the same... or so I thought. This makes even less sense. Temperatures are okay for Friday but look at Friday night. And Saturday is still the same worse temperature. Grandma and the cat are not too pleased about that...

Attachments

• Weather Screenshot 1.jpg
    Weather Screenshot 1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 2
It makes one want to arm themselves so they can protect themselves and their animals. 1 animal control officer is not enough. Perhaps they could cross train some police officers. If those dogs are permanently loose other animals are going to lose their lives and who knows if a child won't pay the price at some point.
It isn’t enough by a long shot. I live in a very rural area though in Southern Ohio. What money is available the county largely goes to fighting the opioid addiction problem not to animal welfare.

I could load them up in my car and take them down. I have done this with loose animals before but I had a much larger vehicle then. I would have tried this yesterday but my husband is out on the railroad. No way I was squeezing them in with my kiddos!!

If they show up again when my husbands home however I will be squishing then in and taking em down.

update: Both my cats are accounted for!!

Lovely to see you - and I am very taken with the wreath!
And look at those babies all grown up!
❤️❤️
@RoyalChick thank you! It's good to be back!

Glad to see you and the pair. :hugs do you still have a certain Mama bird coming by?
@rural mouse Thank you! I'm always happy to return to this thread during my down time and to see familiar faces (or usernames) on here. The mama bird, Chickadee, stopped coming by at the end of February 😢 She was my constant for a little under 2 years. I miss her every. single. day.

Chickadee
tempImagexxC5Mv.png

YES agreed you need to stay put, there will always be nice chickies out there, and yes raising them from chicks would be awesome 🥰

How is the weather holding up? I see we are all in for some cold miserable weather starting Friday, do you have any plans for Mama Hen? Or are you just going to leave her be? I guess it’s sheltered enough we’re she is….

Oh and how are you feeling today?
Right now it is 46 and sunny. That is all supposed to change tonight or tomorrow morning. Super cold temps although I do not think we are supposed to get any of the "S" word. I'm sorry, can't say it, hate the stuff. I discussed and complained about Momma hen to both mom and dad. They both agreed, evil hen chose that spot for a reason. The reason being it is dangerous for one of us to try to get to her, so leave her alone. Actually my dad laughed about the situation and told me I am going to miss the ole bat when she is gone so quit complaining. I will say this, if anyone can hatch eggs in winter with the temps we are about to get and possible, ugh there is that "S" word again, it is her. I marked last night as her official first day, although who knows if it was. Going by that date she should have chicks Jan 10. The bad part of the whole thing is now that I know she is there, I see her every time I look out my window. I stood there and glared at her while I had my first cup of coffee this morning. She is the definition of sneaky, no warnings, not so much as one broody cluck and now this. I'm feeling ok for the most part. Mornings and afternoons are tolerable, it is the evenings that everything seems to hit me like a ton of bricks. Very similar to the flu or a cold.

@RoyalChick thank you! It's good to be back!

@rural mouse Thank you! I'm always happy to return to this thread during my down time and to see familiar faces (or usernames) on here. The mama bird, Chickadee, stopped coming by at the end of February 😢 She was my constant for a little under 2 years. I miss her every. single. day.

Chickadee
View attachment 3355401
Awww - so sorry she left you - she was lovely with all her babies!

Wow, beautiful, you and your gang!

Did you make the chickmas wreach yourself? It is too lovely. I need to do that too.
@lightm I actually bought the wreath last December from a local craft store and filled it with ornaments I found throughout the year! I keep it up year round because it puts a smile on my face!

What a wonderful looking Trio you all make! They look perfectly natural on you! You know, if you retake the picture, but you wearing a Holiday themed or colored shirt, it would make an absolutely wonderful Holiday Card to send! I know I would love getting one like this!

(Oh, that's right, I have gotten ones kind-of like this @BY Bob 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰, I am just being greedy! )

@cfonts Where did you get the wooden disks ornaments with Kiko & Gizmo on them. Did you send away for them with a picture, or a local artist?? I really like them, and the likeness is well done!
@bgmathteach Thank you! Maybe I'll take a Christmas photo for next years Christmas card! This years card featured my Chickmas wreath on the front and my feather babies & human baby on the back 😂
I ordered the wooden ornaments of Kiko & Gizmo on Etsy from TheChickenStudio. You just send some photos in of your chickens and voila!

So wonderful to hear from you. Happy holidays to you and yours. 🎄
@BY Bob Thank you for always welcoming me back to the Fluffy Butt Acres thread after my long absences! It's always good to be back and to hear about everyones flock!

Back
Top Bottom