Beautiful!

And I just found Barnevelders too - very pretty! And as of yet still available at the hatchery :)

(Aurora - I don't need to have any hens hatch chicks - I just need to order them - not quite the way of the chicken - but it's the way of the human haha).
20220317_234136.jpg

We said our goodbyes and she died in my arms.

View attachment 3379997
Good-bye, Diana. I'm glad to know you left loved in your keeper's arms, knowing that Bernadette will keep your roosting spot warm, and Babs and Elie will make sure to keep your human servant busy.
RC, I hope you will be all right 💚💚💚.

We said our goodbyes and she died in my arms.

View attachment 3379997
I'm so sorry RC. I know she was one of your originals! :hugs
For what it's worth, of all the chickens I've owned, of my originals only 2 made it past 4 years. Ha'penny & Luna are from my 2nd batch & heading for 6. Alpia, Wrold & Beatha are in their 5th year...so most of my girls barely made it past 2. I still miss the special ones but some things are beyond our control. All we can do is our best & I know you did that. :hugs

I really think she did have a great chicken life. Right up to the last 48 hours she was quite perky and enjoyed doing chicken things.
Right now I am sad for Bernadette who is roosting on her own because the little-uns are way up in the rafters.
She really did have a great chicken life. She was loved and got to experience the best of everything… a wonderful palace, a special bestie, a doting human servant… And the end was pretty quick, so she did not suffer long. I know it still hurts and you will miss her, but I hope you find sone comfort on knowing she had a wonderful life. ❤️

I really think she did have a great chicken life. Right up to the last 48 hours she was quite perky and enjoyed doing chicken things.
Right now I am sad for Bernadette who is roosting on her own because the little-uns are way up in the rafters.
Bernie will make friends with the youngsters soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom