You know, for someone who protest silkies and calls them feather dusters and toy poodles, one of your favorite roosters on this site is half silkie. I feel I shall have to sick the Twig on you.
DSCN9746.JPG

Ok experts, this is not foul cholera ,

This morning I noticed one of my hens had a swollen wattle, she is acting fine.
Just one, no I dont think it is Foul Cholera, but she has something going on, I put some Benadryl cream on it to start, later I'll see if that did much-----

image_67182081.JPG image_50392321.JPG

image_67170049.JPG

On an irritating note, I noticed some beginnings of mold is a few places on the walls,,
SO< 10am
I got ever side wall wiped down and then sprayed with the Clorox cleaner and wiped again.
(an older pic)
image_16872193.JPG

The Benadryl cream did help a bit, but after I was done cleaning about 11:30, I got a warm wash cloth out and wiped her wattle off and rubbed it a bit, then I put bag balm on it. I scrubbed the water jug and refilled it. I added Rooster Booster electrolytes and probiotics to the water.

so now its 3:45, I
checked on the hen, its not draining just very swollen, what do you think if I put arnica cream on it?
Like I said, she is eating and drinking and acting fine, but I bet she has a headache....

Any thoughts???
For any pain and inflammation I would give a baby aspirin if it were me... (is it the wattle? or the cheek/ear? the picture the wattle seemed ok)

Sure hope she is ok - wee gal....

Neither would Aurora. Too weird looking to be real chickens.

Not me, but Aurora for sure.
We cannot trust Aurora on this one. She also does not think Phyllis and Betty are real chickens. But she did contradict herself on that one in her last Ask Aurora. A key thing to "The Way of the Chicken" is broodiness and hatching chicks. Aurora has never went broody. The questionable Phyllis has, repeatedly thus making her a real chicken. I hate to point it out to her, but even Queens may be wrong on some things.

Ouch that looks painful.
The first pic, that dark triangle / three-armed shape on her swollen wattle, what's going on there? Is that a wound and a bit of blood, or dirt? Sorry for you and her! Have you posted on the illnesses / injuries thread?
I think it may be either she originally got poked with, I am guessing, wire off the fencing, OR it was a drainage spot. When I used a warm cloth, I did wet that spot, thinking if it was dried blood it would dissolve and wipe off,,, it didnt, and it didnt flick off with my fingernail, so I am not 100% sure what it is.

You know, for someone who protest silkies and calls them feather dusters and toy poodles, one of your favorite roosters on this site is half silkie. I feel I shall have to sick the Twig on you.
View attachment 3382193
Don’t make Twiggy bite me. I don’t want to feel less of him. (I have him on a pedestal, right where he belongs)

Back
Top Bottom