Dear Aurora,
I know your scribe is busy on other duties, but maybe you could give this your attention when you get a chance. My hooman explained that the scribe was unavailable because of a thing called ‘werk’. I wasn’t really listening, but she explained it was something to do with being able to keep you all supplied with meal worms, so it sounded important.
Anyway, the topic I want to raise with you is very important to me and I believe also to the chicken world in general.
Before I explain more, let me remind you about myself. I am a small chicken and definitely not the leader of the pack. I am fine with that and I spend most of my time on my two main passions which are cultivating my beard and whiskers, and EATING. I should say I also enjoy flying but that is not really a hobby, it is just who I am (and no, I don’t expect I will grow out of it as RC hopes).
It is about my second passion that I am writing and a dilemma I have concerning BROCCOLI.
My hooman says it is good for me ‘that’ll put hair on your chest feathers on your beard’. In general I trust her menu recommendations - I particularly like the dried up cat food (made from venison she says), and the sunflower seeds she hides under her jacket are simply the best things on earth - but in this case I am not so sure. Bernadette, who is the boss hen here, says not to touch it.
I mean I quite like how it looks and smells. I even think I remember it from childhood. But if Bernie says no, does that mean I can’t even try it?
This is really messing with my head. I mean food is my thing. What am I to do here?
Any advice would be really appreciated.
Yours, perpetually in search of a snack,
Eli

9D09017D-3030-44D1-B846-BFB6F55DD0EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, if it will work, I think I will set the incubator tonight. currently have 11 Maran eggs and not everyone has laid yet today. I have also managed to snatch 5 cochin eggs before the girls could eat them in the last few days. Unfortunately, I only marked 3 of them, but I think I can find the other 2. Perdita is so pretty and she deserves to have siblings. I absolutely do not plan on keeping any, although, a blue cochin mix could change my mind.

Not yet. I do have 8 so far fresh Marans eggs set aside. As soon as I get a dozen I'm firing it up. If all the girls lay today, that could be tonight.
That's great! GregnLety's eggs should be hatching on the 10th - those are Gorda's eggs he has - sure hope for pullets 💕

Thank you! Little Mill’s limp is as bad as ever. Poor girl. It has worsened over the years. I occasionally try some CBD on her but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Maybe if I used it more regularly and threw in some aspirin or ibuprofen now and then. I take her down from the roost every morning, along with bridge. Poor girl also has a swollen belly.
Poor wee gal... hard getting old.

Hi, everyone. Sorry, I’ve been so absent. Some of you know that the thread has kind of gotten away from me. Keeping up it’s just not really something I can do. However, I do like to pop in when I can and look forward to if and when Sunday synopsis starts up.

I was out with the girls this weekend and got at least one photo of each of them. Today I am home sick with Covid. Unbelievable! I just had it leas than a year ago. So far, this time around is not as bad as the first time, but the headache is pretty intense.

Covid and Just Because TaxView attachment 3425506
View attachment 3425507
View attachment 3425508
View attachment 3425509
View attachment 3425510
View attachment 3425512
View attachment 3425513

I love my birds so much. It’s kind of weird that I’m down to seven and no longer have any “blondes”. I lost Sunshine, Cashew, and Lucky all within the last year or less and they were the only blondes I had.

And in other news, my potential new breeder is just popping eggs into the incubator so I could have chicks at the end of March or early April. I’m hoping for two each of Isabella Leghorns and French Blue Copper Marans.
Your girls are as lovely as ever 💕 - sorry to hear Little Mille is getting more lame as time goes on :(

But I am egg-static that you are going to have some chickies around, can't wait to see them.

Yes there will a Sunday Synopsis 💕 that I will send out - actually I will be sending it on Saturday so that those on the other side of the planet can enjoy over a weekend and not a work day :)

Yes, the last big snow was February 2018 .

We had warnings of snow in December, we thought a white Christmas then every couple of weeks since we received more warnings. After 3 months I decided to put the snow shovel away and now here it is in all its glory 😀
I personally keep the shovel handy year round now haha! And I don't take snow tires off until mid-April :)

Weather Chickens Tax
Snow birds haha
DSCN0335.JPG

I can’t put it off forever. Chickens wait for no one! I’m the “pop door” of my coop so I have to go let them loose. Hen-Rietta had a soak, and a meal. I’m taking her back out with the rest of them .
You are a good Chicken Human - I am sure your kiddos know you are part of their flock :)

Rough Day at Work

Everyone, odds are very long that any ask aurora will be posted today. I am dealing with a crisis at work that is into its 3rd day.
Oh no! has sad - I hope that it isn't too rough on you and that you're getting enough rest and destressing with your gals. Life gets in the way but we all know that (Aurora understands that her Scribe also has other duties 💕).

Remember to take time for yourself to just breathe.

Back
Top Bottom