Yes I think they do. And they play chase the night moths. And they make enough noise to wake every fox for miles around. And they totally ignore the rattle of the seed cup (which I understand because Bernie hogs the seed cup anyway).

Tax - a party chicken
View attachment 3602671
Such a lovely photo of her 💕

I am not sure the Princesses are good for my blood pressure.

There was a fox around this morning (saw on camera) and I came to sit in my chair in the Chicken yard and was confronted with this.
Noooooo!!!! Not Piglet.
View attachment 3592670

Of course as I rushed towards her lifeless body I spotted that she was sound asleep.
View attachment 3592674

She was quite good natured about being woken up so abruptly and quickly settled back down.
View attachment 3592672

And comforted herself with a snack.
View attachment 3592675

Am I the only gullible chicken tender that keeps falling for this?
I need a drink to steady my nerves.
Princess Pigletine! :th

We lost the BR girl, didn't get the Selenium in time. Lost another EE hen to the heat Thursday. Lety is currently giving a supplement with the regular feed. Forecast calls for continued excessive heat. 🥵
I'm so sorry. That has to be so frustrating. :hugs :hugs

I have exactly the same as you!

There was a huge investigation for many years I even had the blue dye injected into my spine for the MRI, I was on a mountain of pain medication which caused me to have too have good part of my stomach removed. A friend I had at the time... ( who has since died of pancreatic cancer :( )
Her daughter was actually in theatre at the time of my operation, she said she couldn't believe how much was removed.

I then had too deal with irritable bowle disease, which still flares up on occasions if I'm not careful.

Due to all of the above I lost my faith, especially in the medication. I found it only worsened my body by increasing my pain in addition causing even more problems

I have to live with PAIN because pain killer's wear off after a while.
Luckily I had a good honest G.P at that time that explained a lot of this too me.

From there on in, when my trusted G.P was no longer around, I went on my own discovery, I cut out the pain killers and stomach meds, then found a more natural way, for instance, without the sweeteners and colourings for my stomach. I take husks on occasions

For the first time since all that I've started taking glucosamine msm & chondroitin. My dog is now taking this to. It's taking the edge off along with the turmeric.

I'll never walk straight I never have and I'll always have pain. But i prefer to go my own way and cope the best I can while searching for various exercises.

The amount of pain medication I had through that was well over the limit, thankfully I didn't become an addict.

My thoughts are with you and I hope you find your answers ❤️
I also have IBS C and D heart issues Copd Asthma Emphazema Osteoarthritis in my whole body, I have a lot of other issues and am on about 15 different meds and pain meds. But hey at least my chooks are ok lol.

Let's see how smart, or stubborn the hooligans are tonight. Tonight will make day 3 of roosting in the coop. Will they go to the coop on their own or will I have to carry them 2 by 2 off the porch and put them in the coop. I hate doing that and feel terrible. Instead of settling nicely on the roost they insist on trying to climb up my arms and roost on me.
They love their surrogate mom, and feel safe with you! 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰

Back
Top Bottom