That sounds better, much better. Even though 3 guineas don't need a lot of room, only 4x4 wouldn't give them much flight room. I know you don't have the predator load I have, but if I am correct, that doesn't have a solid/wire roof, just the diagonal supports for the tarp/cover......will that be a problem for you there?
Eventually I'll make a solid frame and vinyl roofing.

Thanks, it's my first chook dying so it's sad. And more so since I am out here. My mum isn't used to handling such matters, but she was good about it.

My BIL was sad, they were really his hens not my niece's as she was rarely ever around and Ken was the one taking care of them.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Now why were we talking about groundhogs? I thought this was something you talk about in February.
Well anyways, on a scale of 1-10, how ridiculous is it for the temperatures to be above 90F in the beginning of September? Well, that's a question for you to answer. Either way, I don't think these two are having it. This is also a bonus Twofer Tuesday.
IMG_0021.JPG

@RoyalChick I hope you have fully recovered by now. And I think Sylvie a) Learned well from her surrogate mom! B) Doesn't truly understand the limits of her hooman servants. She should get 'grounded' (ha, ha) for her indiscretions, and not get any of the next treat offerings - but her sisters should. (So , yes, toss treats in a few different places, and make sure there are some obstacles between the spots - like shrubs or something) I vote for some of this next time you have to chase Sylvie🍉 (eat it in front of her, but don't give her any!!!)

@lightm How is Honey tonight? I read that she wasn't drinking but was eating yogurt and raisins - that is a good sign, but I will still keep my fingers crossed for her until she has had at least 48 hours of improvement.:fl:fl:fl

@ChicoryBlue How is Butters doing today? I hope she has continued to improve, and is eating more and more.

@rural mouse : just some:hugs:hugs for the heart, and this for the kneeđź©ą (all natural, of course)

@knoturavggrl : I hope you are feeling well and are healing where the lesion was removed. I'll keep you in my thoughts for the next week or so until you get the results of the biopsy back.🙏

@BY Bob How is Hattie's ulcer on her breastbone doing? I hope it is healing okay and that she is more comfortable laying down.:love Poor sweet Hattie❤️❤️

@Ponypoor I am so sorry you lost one of the production girls. I know you treated them well while she was under your care. Takes nerves of steel and a generous heart.❤️:hugs❤️

So much hardship and loss - on many levels. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I probably have with my crazy, hectic life these past few weeks. Please accept my apologies if I did - it was definitely NOT a slight.

Condolence charge (re) compense:
IMG_2556[1].JPG

Bottoms up!

An open letter to all chickens
From the chicken servants of the world

Dear chickens,
Please have some consideration for your hooman servants. They try their best to look after your every need, and when they fail to come up to your expectations it is because they are slow-witted and are not fluent in Chicken, not because they have bad intent.
Please note, that as well as being slow-witted, some of your servants are old. Some, dare I say it, are fat. It really is not good for their health to be running around in the sun chasing chickens when the heat index is over 100 degrees. That is Fahrenheit - if you chickens prefer Celsius - that is 38 degrees C.
So please, if you choose to fly over your fence, could you kindly do so on a cool day and please, when you have done whatever it is you flew out to do, can you return promptly to the safety of your chicken area and not lead your servant on a high speed chase across open fields and through dense shrubbery.
I am not blaming anyone in particular, Sylvie, but on behalf of the servants I must stress this is a health and safety issue that requires prompt attention.
Humbly yours,
The Servant at the Chicken Palace
(on behalf of chicken tenders, bucket boys, and chicken servants everywhere)

View attachment 3628695
Oh my. I'm so sorry. 🤭

Yes. I have had chickens call for and/or look for a passed chicken.

It is especially true if they don't get to see the chicken as it is passing and/or after it has died. (i.e. if a fox takes one sneakily versus them getting to say goodbye when a chicken is ailing and passes.
If one of my chooks dies, I make it a point to show all the remaining chooks what’s going on and they participate in the funeral process.(that way, they know for certain) chickens are not stupid!

Back
Top Bottom