@Ribh @LozzyR
Vote for this thread (FBA) as your favorite - might put us over the top!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/šŸ”„week-1-favorite-thread-poll-vote-now.1598750/

I don't know if she's been tagged yet, but...
@Ribh !
Get over here and vote for us!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/šŸ”„week-1-favorite-thread-poll-vote-now.1598750/
I have voted. TY for the tag. I did try to respond yesterday but my phone decided to have a spac attack over multi~quotes & put up something very odd instead. šŸ˜‘

This isn't the best picture of mine, but it will have to do for now:

The lighter one is top row far right, darker one top row far left. The darker one fades to white, just like the one facing us - but has much less white overall then the far right one. (If you look at the darker one, you see bottom center of her fluffy butt is almost full white....she just has more light barring on her sides and neck than the lighter one.

I'll try for better pics tonight (might not get home in time to get some before it gets to be 'dark-thirty'), otherwise, I most definitely will get some for you for the weekend for comparison to Sylvie
Okay,2 things:
I have a correction. The 2 Journeymen Tree Sitters mentioned are actually CM xWR

Also, tonight I couldn't get pics of those two - but I did get a picture of an older hen, similar coloring. She IS BR X WR.

Tweens again: (Top left & Top Right)
IMG_3817[1].JPG

And, my 2.5 y.o. who is BR X WR
IMG_3823[1].JPG
IMG_3824[1].JPG

(Please excuse me while I try to hide under my rooster!)
IMG_3822[1].JPG

The darker of my 2 CM X WR is similar to her in coloring...BUT I find the barring a bit 'cleaner' on her than the CM X WR girls. CM barring tends to be 'muddier' than BR barring. That said, in all of my crosses like this - as it moves towards the back end( as in upper back/tail) the barring becomes much muddies (i.e. less clear bar, and white portions become more grey and the dark portions shade from dark grey to black.)
IMG_3821[1].JPG

Not the best butt shot - butt (te he he )- y0u can see she goes to pale grey on the fluff. I'll fill in the rest: in the center and down low as butt approaches abdomen, it gets a creamy white color.

I have voted. TY for the tag. I did try to respond yesterday but my phone decided to have a spac attack over multi~quotes & put up something very odd instead. šŸ˜‘
Thank you for voting. I second RC, it is nice to see you on here. I miss hearing about your chooks and the interesting dynamics you have - much more peaceful with your diverse flock than many of us experience! (I know I could hop onto your thread, but I am already drowning and struggling to stay afloat with just this one!)

Hope all is well...and I certainly wouldn't protest if you slipped a few pictures of your girls in your next post!;)

Okay,2 things:
I have a correction. The 2 Journeymen Tree Sitters mentioned are actually CM xWR

Also, tonight I couldn't get pics of those two - but I did get a picture of an older hen, similar coloring. She IS BR X WR.

Tweens again: (Top left & Top Right)
View attachment 3641668

And, my 2.5 y.o. who is BR X WR
View attachment 3641669View attachment 3641671
(Please excuse me while I try to hide under my rooster!)
View attachment 3641672

The darker of my 2 CM X WR is similar to her in coloring...BUT I find the barring a bit 'cleaner' on her than the CM X WR girls. CM barring tends to be 'muddier' than BR barring. That said, in all of my crosses like this - as it moves towards the back end( as in upper back/tail) the barring becomes much muddies (i.e. less clear bar, and white portions become more grey and the dark portions shade from dark grey to black.)
View attachment 3641674
Not the best butt shot - butt (te he he )- y0u can see she goes to pale grey on the fluff. I'll fill in the rest: in the center and down low as butt approaches abdomen, it gets a creamy white color.
Such beautiful colouring love it.

I am catching up haphazardly jumping around, but comparing your beauty with RCā€™s - both are gorgeous.

She is. And she doesnā€™t look like any pictures I have seen.
I sent a picture to the breeder and he said he had never seen one like her before.
He thought she looked very cool.
Assumed it was some mutation.
Now I am hoping he doesnā€™t ask for her back to breed from her!!
I will be curious to see if she changes as she ages and maybe ends up looking like she is supposed to - for now we know I have a truly unique little chicken!
View attachment 3641093
She sure is a beauty, could the breeder be mistaken? And she is another breed?

I am not familiar with silver welbars other than you mentioning her breeding.

She sure is a beauty, could the breeder be mistaken? And she is another breed?

I am not familiar with silver welbars other than you mentioning her breeding.
He didn't think so. Said leg color and body shape look right for a Welbar. And while he does have some other breeds he isn't a major hatchery so he only breeds a few breeds that he personally loves so I figure he would know.
Anyway, with my breed expertise I am very confident that she is a very pretty chicken!!
She has also decided that she doesn't want to roost with anyone else for some reason.
:lau

I hate to have to sneak on, but Iā€™m rescuing a hen on Saturday. My good friend has a bunch of chickens and one is being bullied by the hens and is a favorite of the roosters. Sheā€™s black, and RC and I talked once, and she gave me permission to name a bird after her lovely Eli. Her name is Eliot, but she will go by Eli (Ellie)
Iā€™ve not seen her yet and I donā€™t know anything about her. Iā€™m gonna need to try to figure out what breed she is. Sheā€™s apparently very sweet, so Iā€™m interested to see just how tame she is.
Nothing much has been going on here. I am slowly bringing my math grade up. I went to school early to get some extra help from my math teacher. Sapphire (now known as Gumbo, which is what my dad wanted to name it,) is certainly a rooster. His comb is getting big and red, and I see little red wattles growing. It might be freezer camp for him. Iā€™m not entirely sure. I may rehome him.
I wasnā€™t able to send Madame Pearl into UGA for testing. She is still in my freezer. I will hopefully bury her tomorrow. Iā€™m just worried that I wonā€™t be able to dig a deep enough hole so that nothing will dig her up.
The gnats are awful. Pastelā€™s comb is covered in them. The hens and guineas are shaking their heads and scratching their faces constantly. Even the poor chicks have gnats on them.
Everyone is molting. Not badly, but noticeable feather loss and feathers scattered around the coop.
Today Bolt attacked Willow. I grabbed Bolt by the tail, and threw her out of the coop. She was pacing back and forth trying to get in for food. I feel bad, but sheā€™s been a jerk lately. Sheā€™s even attacked me. Normally when she attacks me, itā€™s just for attention. These are full blown, ā€œDIE MOM!ā€ attacks. Not okay.
Well, just wanted to let you know that Iā€™m getting a new hen. She will likely be in quarantine for a few weeks, but close to the coop. I want to make sure any attack wounds from her flock are healed before I put her in with my crazy birds. AHEM, BBQā€¦

Back
Top Bottom