Here is one of those scary noisy creatures under the shrubs
Just look at her teeth!
View attachment 3657443
Where? I can't see it.

Eye Googly Eyes GIF

I think I have made some progress with the flock. All of them come to me now - including Piglet and Sylvie who have found a way out of the fence but come back in when I show up. This puts my mind more at ease because it means they associate me with food so I have some hope of rounding them up if I ever have to.
Excellent progress. Well done. :clap :clap :clap

Passed a house on a bike ride today that has chickens of different breeds and various goats, so I always look to see what’s up. Noticed their chickens were hanging by the fence wall in their big run. Some days they’re in and some days out, today in. Then I spotted a lone one walking around outside. A pretty white leghorn, with that jaunty tail! Hmm, the run door is closed…how? Right then another white leghorn in the run took off straight up. And up, and up, and up! It was like watching a heron take off, such big wings! Up to the very top of this really high wood-framed fence wall, where it perched. No problem at all for those flyers! It was a joy to see them in action. ❤️
There is nothing quite like a leghorn showing everyone that they really are birds. What a blessing for you to witness it. I'm a little jealous.

This is the third bloom for mine this year. Crazy.
Three?!!! That’s crazy - do you think it’s related to the amt of rainfall and warm weather? I wonder do they grow in places like Florida and have multiple flowerings? or do they need a frost cycle to survive like Maple trees and Apple trees.

Mine was very sparse this Spring then a cold snap hit and killed the flowers 😟 also with my pears, plums, and peach blooms.

23AA3E5A-45BF-40B5-9B69-8118A5BF0789.jpeg

BFTP

Butterscotch
AEE6D23F-E86F-4E78-906F-E329E88C5E74.jpeg

Three?!!! That’s crazy - do you think it’s related to the amt of rainfall and warm weather? I wonder do they grow in places like Florida and have multiple flowerings? or do they need a frost cycle to survive like Maple trees and Apple trees.

Mine was very sparse this Spring then a cold snap hit and killed the flowers 😟 also with my pears, plums, and peach blooms.

View attachment 3657769

BFTP

Butterscotch
View attachment 3657770
It is definitely related to the amount of water. Lots of rain causes it to bloom.

Back
Top Bottom