Good morning- though it’s after noon now for you.

I would also let her out and about if she wants - and you need to dress very warmly and keep dry if it’s raining.

As for food, I would stop the pumpkin eggs, etc and just give some layer, as you know I make a mash with mine. Not much for the one hen, maybe a handful soaked in hot water to make a nice warm porridge.

I would also just give fresh water. This time of year the temperature changes I find make their poops soft, I have a couple with runny poops here but I am not really worried.

Ok I need to get moving I am back working now.
Thanks Kelly, I'm afraid she's had that egg and crumble as I said, charcoal as well.

I'm about to put her on the grass now, she's more contented there.

Sounds to me as if you are hyper-worrried about Princess because you are grieving and upset too. Try to relax and take care of yourself, then you can care for everyone else.

For the most part, chickens know what they need to eat. It’s possible that it’s not exactly, or only the greens from the garden that she’s eating, it’s some of the dirt and other goodies out there. Her appetite may be different because she’s upset, but the best thing is to let her do what her instincts are telling her to do.

I’d say let her go out and do what she needs to do to take care of herself for the next few days. Let her do her usual routine. Feed her the usual feed with a few extras on the side. Doing what she feels she wants or needs to do is a comfort to her. Denying her the garden roaming time could be an additional stress for her.
You are correct on everything you said. :hugs she's now in her favourite place with the sheep dog / cat just around

1000001510.jpg

1000001511.jpg

Little princess grumpy in her favourite area

View attachment 3678909
It's raining today and bless her she is still outside
I would not give her the canesten cream unless she has a blocked crop that has got over-run with yeast. Just a general yeast infection is rather unlikely and there are so many reasons for loose poop.
I am sure losing Tina hasn't helped. So I would give her all the supportive care I know you are giving her but otherwise let her be.
Poor girl!
Well, poor girls really. Hugs to both of you.
:hugs

Somehow or other, I think Cheetah got to Shan's mother (Primula or Belladonna). She's pinking up and sprouting wattles. Just noticed she does NOT have a pea comb, but rather a WALNUT comb. That could only come from Cheetah or Horus (who could also pop the straight comb offspring). Playing with genetics calculator, her colors could ONLY come from the dark brahma x hamburg. Like Chia's could only be the golden wyandotte x hamburg. More and more I suspect Enigma as a Silver offspring crossed with Whiskey or Horus (with both Silver and Horus having straight comb hidden under the rose comb).. Tuff is definitely a Horus x either Pippa or Maizie cross. Havoc is from the in-laws genetics.

All the Invasion ladies are pink, but I think only Chia is laying. I cannot confirm that as she had disappeared twice and I haven't figured out where yet.

I would not give her the canesten cream unless she has a blocked crop that has got over-run with yeast. Just a general yeast infection is rather unlikely and there are so many reasons for loose poop.
I am sure losing Tina hasn't helped. So I would give her all the supportive care I know you are giving her but otherwise let her be.
Poor girl!
Well, poor girls really. Hugs to both of you.
:hugs
Thanks RC 😊

Thanks Kelly, I'm afraid she's had that egg and crumble as I said, charcoal as well.

I'm about to put her on the grass now, she's more contented there.
This reminded me that whenever I give them eggs the resulting poops are pretty soft. Try another protein source, if you must supplement and see if that makes a difference. But I agree with @Ponypoor and think it would be best to just stick with feed and mash and whatever she finds in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom