Happy Monday, my fellow chicken tenders! I have no mugs to share, but here's my sub-zero flock.View attachment 3726625
Or, part of them at least. I took this pic yesterday and thought, "Where's Sheba?" I went in the coop...no Sheba. I looked out the window, thinking maybe we were playing tag. No Sheba. I finally found her huddled under the low table we have the heated dog bowl of water on! I suppose it's both warm and Randy Rooster proof. :confused: She came out when I petted her (because she hates it) and I fed the poor naked girl some mealworms. She has gone back to roosting, so there's that.

Speaking of Randy...this may be my last picture of him.View attachment 3726626

A lady I've been chatting with on Facebook hopefully will come get him tonight! I'm quite pleased because she has 18 chickens, plans on more in the spring, and has mentioned hatching eggs to see if Randy makes pretty babies. 😍 I admit, he's a fine looking boy.

So he'll be free-ranging with a harem of ladies, instead of in someone's soup pot. This makes me happy!
I am sure she will like him, he’s a beauty 😊

Hopefully she will keep you updated on how he is doing.

For your request I slung open the back door. I have already been out twice to make sure the chickens water has not frozen and that they have plenty of food. The girls did not slack today egg wise. 6 lovely ladies braved the white trash and went to their nest spot and laid. You are right, we do not get a ton of snow thankfully. We get miserable cold snaps that can last weeks on end, but not much snow to go with it. The last few winters as far as actual ground covering snow we have had maybe a total of a weeks worth. Every 5 or so years we pay for it with several storms of days of accumulating snow. I hate it, really I do. I grew out of playing in snow before the age of 10. After graduating high school I really am disgusted by it. I have no use for a snow day anymore, you can keep that stuff up north.
View attachment 3726657View attachment 3726658View attachment 3726659
Smart chickens
View attachment 3726660
Um yep, nope you keep it 😁

It’s cold here, -11C at the moment, and Lulus water bucket had ice in it when I got home. So tomorrow morning I will just empty the water buckets and leave them till I get home to fill up.

Also the chicken’s water containers were iced up, so the plug in one will be brought out tomorrow morning.

Winter just means work work work. Summer has its own work (mowing the grass, etc), but it’s much easier to work outside when it’s light and not freezing!

Ok weather whining tax

Some mugs for mugs Monday
39507A35-3199-478B-BE45-9775AA38E743.jpeg

Um yep, nope you keep it 😁

It’s cold here, -11C at the moment, and Lulus water bucket had ice in it when I got home. So tomorrow morning I will just empty the water buckets and leave them till I get home to fill up.

Also the chicken’s water containers were iced up, so the plug in one will be brought out tomorrow morning.

Winter just means work work work. Summer has its own work (mowing the grass, etc), but it’s much easier to work outside when it’s light and not freezing!

Ok weather whining tax

Some mugs for mugs Monday
View attachment 3726751
Lovely picture!

It got to -1 last night. I had the chickens shut into the coop for part of the day. They didn't seem to mind... much. I had the pop door open later, and the Bielefelders would come out when I went in to do egg check.

Later in the afternoon, I opened the people door too. When I went out for chickie snack time, everyone came out. While it's so frigid (single digits), I'm giving them some BOSS and mealworms, scattered about in the coop. Lots of scratching and looking.

Lovely picture!
Twister is a hoot, not sure why she likes to follow me around! But is always underfoot, I was working at the computer and she decided I wasn’t paying her enough attention so she hopped right up on my shoulder hahaha - one of these days I am going to be covered in cecal poopy feet :sick

More mugs
7D70295D-45BE-4058-A302-349C7A3C5647.jpeg

And remember how freaked out I was that those Azurs would be wild as the west wind? They sure are friendly little ladies for being factory raised chooks ❤️ I am really happy I got those wee ladies. And everytime I think about it I wish I had got the other 3 also 😟

It got to -1 last night. I had the chickens shut into the coop for part of the day. They didn't seem to mind... much. I had the pop door open later, and the Bielefelders would come out when I went in to do egg check.

Later in the afternoon, I opened the people door too. When I went out for chickie snack time, everyone came out. While it's so frigid (single digits), I'm giving them some BOSS and mealworms, scattered about in the coop. Lots of scratching and looking.
Brrr ! -1F is chilly for sure 😳

What is BOSS?

Back
Top Bottom