@Ponypoor
20240204_085110.jpg
I'm getting cussed out over the snow...that didn't exist yesterday...
20240204_085350.jpg
Still getting cussed out...

20240204_084443.jpg
Not cussing at all...rather delighting in it

And tracks...
20240204_085200.jpg
Before they get snowed in as it's still coming down. They looked around, then retreated into the coop. The hatch is still open so they can decide what they want to do all day.

@Ponypoor View attachment 3740301I'm getting cussed out over the snow...that didn't exist yesterday...View attachment 3740300Still getting cussed out...

View attachment 3740302Not cussing at all...rather delighting in it

And tracks...View attachment 3740304Before they get snowed in as it's still coming down. They looked around, then retreated into the coop. The hatch is still open so they can decide what they want to do all day.
Oh! I forgot about the cute chicken footprints in the snow. 💙 This was from a very very cold year. This is the girl feather asked about her other leg. I always thought she was looking up at me asking..but why? Trying to keep at least one foot warm.
FB_IMG_1509557316539.jpg

Oh! I forgot about the cute chicken footprints in the snow. 💙 This was from a very very cold year. This is the girl feather asked about her other leg. I always thought she was looking up at me asking..but why? Trying to keep at least one foot warm. View attachment 3740348
Oh why can’t they keep both feet on the ground? :th

Aw, hard to get Dominiques? I know Ijak and his deceased brother were rehomed, but hard to get? Is it because you're in Canada?
Yes, most people here get production layers, or meat birds.

I asked Peavey Mart to have Apenzeller whatchamacallem added to their list, they get them from Hoovers Hatchery. But I doubt that will happen. I do know that Performance Poultry here in Ontario has Dominiques, but they don’t ship chicks and they are an over 5hr drive for me, too far for me to drive.

I know that Peavey Mart had Dark Brahma and Bielefelders on their list. I can’t wait to see what they have on offer 💕

@Ponypoor View attachment 3740301I'm getting cussed out over the snow...that didn't exist yesterday...View attachment 3740300Still getting cussed out...

And tracks...View attachment 3740304Before they get snowed in as it's still coming down. They looked around, then retreated into the coop. The hatch is still open so they can decide what they want to do all day.
Oh I love that photo of the velociraptors tracks 😊

Oh I bet Sherlock loves that snow ❤️ He sure looks like he is having a blast.

It’s ok here, not sunny like it’s supposed to be but not cold and no snow so I will take it! I had the kiddos out for a few hrs, I thought I had been keeping a close eye on them, but when I went and opened the back door to empty the wheelbarrow, there was Buttercup, Luttle Grey, Tippy and Eli-too up on Mnt Poopmore having a blast.

To say I freaked out would be an understatement; there was a lot of cussing and when I tried to get them inside the whole bleeping gang bolted out the door practically running me down! Sheesh!

So I emptied the barrow and then let them have a bit of time out back for a few minutes.

Gosh those chooks are just cheeky little beasties!

Sue cruising around looking for bits of grass.
6BEC0932-E751-4682-92F0-FA660B943CBD.jpeg

First phot needs to be put aside and used for this years calendar entry 🥰

Back
Top Bottom