Hang in there Kelly. Your infection will not last forever. I take Claritin every day for the allergies
That’s what I used with those Yellow Jacket stings - within 24hrs it was amazing how it helped.

I am going to start wearing one of those masks I wear when I do drywall, when I clean the Hen Houses in the morning, the shavings dust is just evil!

Allergic to everything tax

Everyone is snug in their Hen Houses, all of the School Chicks and Sophia’s chicks have taken over Hen House A, Henny Penny has decided that HH-B is a better place to be with the Azurs and my niece’s hens.
812228D0-1726-4351-BE0B-051EF8437CBE.png

And Buttercup is up on the door separating the two houses, I didn’t have the energy to haul her fluffy butt down.
BE30A99D-C6E4-4CF8-A552-A3DD041AF9D2.png

I think it must be a different one - the ones with bad mange apparently don't usually survive a winter.
This one looks very healthy - and healthy is good because it means s/he is managing very nicely with a diet of squirrels and mice. The last thing I need is a starving and desperate fox who will risk the electric fence for a chicken dinner!
I probably should have flung the dead mice from the traps today out for the fox instead of leaving them in the chicken run. I will do that in the morning.
Bribing the predators with the famous “mouse steaks”? I love it!!! I had a pretty reasonable relationship with the Raccoons on Saturna, but I e yet to see anything other than tracks here. We don’t have foxes or coyotes here in the islands.

Can you post a picture of one so I know what to look for. I badly need something!
I’ve had silver, bright metallic blue, and a “lovely” floral patterned one… 😂 but my mom prefers this lovely brass colour, and it’s the only one we currently have. I usually extend them out as tall as possible for chicken use. They often end up slightly run over by trucks or tractors, and once they live outside for a season or two the handles get a little rough looking, muddy and pooped upon. They are cheap, lightweight, and versatile! 😆
B158BA03-9CA9-4487-B9A0-255E7B6F3108.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom