Is there a diagnosis for your Gramma? I know she wasnā€™t well, but donā€™t remember the specifics. I hope she will be ok.

You can make a third nest box if you think Liara will be left out or not able to access a nest.
This is my dad's stepmom. She has had diabetes complications and needed an amputation.

Can you post pics of your coop (interior) ? And possibly run....figuring out where to put another nest box can be a problem.
Um...it's a crappy premade coop. I have an idea of where to attach a rabbit hutch-turned nestboxes though. Dad said we can get it tomorrow or Sunday. I also have my homemade mesh walled chick brooder I could attach to a hutch to make a dedicated coop+run for broody jail. We'll have to see.
20231016_133246.jpg
Extension
20231016_133254.jpg
Back wall. The pole structure is being moved back to my dad's to make a shelter for his woodsplitter.
20231016_133159.jpg
Front side
20230828_133324.jpg
Interior from cleanout door. Solid wall behind and pop door to the right side.
20230828_133342.jpg
Interior from nest boxes. The entire left side is a cleanout door that opens to the run and the pop door. Back is solid wall, right side has cleanout door that I use, and solid wall.

Last edited:
Rosie is sick, I suspect strep throat, or a horrible sinus infection. Everything is starting to bloom and she is highly allergic to just about every dang tree that is native to Kentucky. She has a dr appointment this afternoon. My grandmother is slipping away. She has been in a comatose state for 24 hours now. Her heart rate and blood pressure that had been slowly dropping are now rising and getting higher each time they are checked. We sit with her and talk to her but no response other then moaning when me and mom change her position or change her. This is both of ours first experience with taking care of someone at home in the dying process. I have untolds amount of respect for those workers in a hospice and healthcare setting that deal with this on the daily basis. This is breaking me. 2 years now, today makes 2 years since she had the stroke and mine and my mom's life became centered around her every need.
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

This is my dad's stepmom. She has had diabetes complications and needed an amputation.

Um...it's a crappy premade coop. I have an idea of where to attach a rabbit hutch-turned nestboxes though. Dad said we can get it tomorrow or Sunday. I also have my homemade mesh walled chick brooder I could attach to a hutch to make a dedicated coop+run for broody jail. We'll have to see.
View attachment 3778515
Extension
View attachment 3778516
Back wall. The pole structure is being moved back to my dad's to make a shelter for his woodsplitter.
View attachment 3778517
Front side
View attachment 3778518
Interior from cleanout door. Solid wall behind and pop door to the right side.
View attachment 3778519
Interior from nest boxes. The entire left side is a cleanout door that opens to the run and the pop door. Back is solid wall, right side has cleanout door that I use, and solid wall.
Sounds like you're already thinking. Possibly modify opposite end of roosts/wall next to pop door for more nest space?

Lunch today was over ripe bananas with shrimp tails and plate scrapings from black bean and sausage stew.
Definitely a fan favorite! Babs dove up to her eyelids in mushy banana.
IMG_5562.jpeg

And because it is Friday here is a very tidy little fluffy butt courtesy of Pooh.
IMG_5565.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    865.2 KB · Views: 1
Good morning everyone.
Rosie has strep throat so she is in isolation in her room with her kitten Keeper. This morning I woke up with a massive migraine and feel like my eye's are about to pop out of my head. Grandma is still here. Grandma is a fighter, and she has fought everything so in my heart I also know she is fighting this. I wish she could fight this and make a miraculous turn around, but I know she cannot. In chicken news I decided to finally listen to dad's advice on Poppet. The little devil is still not laying. He told me I needed to let her out to free range with the flock, that may stimulate her into egg laying. 4 days now she has been allowed out first thing in the morning and then puts herself to bed at night with the rest. The horse stalls and area's around them have became her domain. No one picks on her. She also loves to dust bath right smack dab in the center of Dirt's stall. Thankfully Dirt just stays in his favorite corner while the dust bath party is going on and naps. Neither of the boys have attempted to breed her, that I have saw mind you. I have witnessed Branch announcing he's found something yummy and she has ran to him and he has let her eat it so that is a start. Poppet is happy, and now fully a member of the flock. I wanted to not let her free range, but, dang it, I do not think I could keep her locked up anymore seeing how content she is ruling over her little domain.
This is from this morning, my camera battery died after 2 pictures. I tried calling her to get her to come to me as I was not ready to walk outside off the steps, she ignored me the brat.
DSCN2887.JPG
DSCN2888.JPG

Good morning everyone.
Rosie has strep throat so she is in isolation in her room with her kitten Keeper. This morning I woke up with a massive migraine and feel like my eye's are about to pop out of my head. Grandma is still here. Grandma is a fighter, and she has fought everything so in my heart I also know she is fighting this. I wish she could fight this and make a miraculous turn around, but I know she cannot. In chicken news I decided to finally listen to dad's advice on Poppet. The little devil is still not laying. He told me I needed to let her out to free range with the flock, that may stimulate her into egg laying. 4 days now she has been allowed out first thing in the morning and then puts herself to bed at night with the rest. The horse stalls and area's around them have became her domain. No one picks on her. She also loves to dust bath right smack dab in the center of Dirt's stall. Thankfully Dirt just stays in his favorite corner while the dust bath party is going on and naps. Neither of the boys have attempted to breed her, that I have saw mind you. I have witnessed Branch announcing he's found something yummy and she has ran to him and he has let her eat it so that is a start. Poppet is happy, and now fully a member of the flock. I wanted to not let her free range, but, dang it, I do not think I could keep her locked up anymore seeing how content she is ruling over her little domain.
This is from this morning, my camera battery died after 2 pictures. I tried calling her to get her to come to me as I was not ready to walk outside off the steps, she ignored me the brat.
View attachment 3778658View attachment 3778659
Oh she is a sweetie pie and I bet she is just batting her fluffy eyelashes and Branch come running šŸ˜Š

Hopefully she starts laying soon, I canā€™t wait to see if she lays those peachy-pink ones like my gals or the creamy white ones your other ladies were laying.

I hope your headache isnā€™t a harbinger of being ill, give your gran a hug from me (a gentle one).

Back
Top Bottom