Lucky me, I caught two pinwheels today.
827C0FF0-0FA0-4125-8153-F2603EA90424.jpeg
875CEC0D-5F95-43F5-9DFA-863E034B6D8F.jpeg

The adult’s one lasts mere seconds each day; Fez soon sends the youth on their way. Whiskey and Albert take their breakfast from a bowl of their own on an elevated perch, and I personally feed Perry her mash from what’s left in the serving bowl.

Oh yah, I grab my babies, shove them under the heater, and lock them in with my hands for fifteen seconds or so… long enough for them to realize that Ahhh, it’s kinda nice and toasty in here.
Honestly, I’m afraid of that brooder heater now. 11:30 pm I heard one of the tiny ones screaming herself to death. I awoke from a sound sleep to find my little gold and black one soaking wet and ice cold. The heater wasn’t warming up so I reset it. I had to use Jaffar’s blow dryer to get her dry again and she calmed down. She’s got some powerful lungs to be loud enough to wake me up! I think I will try to return the heater to TSC tomorrow. It’s unreliable in my opinion. The little lady thinks so too! Poor little thing.

Or perhaps they use cuckoo marans?

I had what I believe was a midnight majesty- or a mix just like it. She laid lovely dark/red eggs, but had a broody problem. Like, pathological broodiness. She went broody every six weeks. Seven times in one year! I was losing my mind, and she had a tough time keeping weight on because of it. I finally euthanized her because it was no life to lead.
Yep had silkies like that, now they are not broody but won’t lay eggs either - now they are pretty lawn ornaments haha.

Come on Fluffy and Curly start laying!!

Lucky me, I caught two pinwheels today. View attachment 3805546View attachment 3805548
The adult’s one lasts mere seconds each day; Fez soon sends the youth on their way. Whiskey and Albert take their breakfast from a bowl of their own on an elevated perch, and I personally feed Perry her mash from what’s left in the serving bowl.
And colour coordination to boot!

Long and hectic day for me. Trip to town, set up the brooder plate the right height. Chick sitting the babies, attending to the adults. Being sighted guide to my rooster.
Being attentive to the BYC threads and an hour discussion with my lawyer. But I didn’t get time to call the insurance agent 🤦‍♂️ oh well!
Just some business. No accidents happened
Busy day for sure! Gosh I am thrilled for you having those wee kiddies 😊

It is safe to check the mail again. Waited until 10 to look into the mailbox to see what I was dealing with. 3 adults and nest that was already a inch long. Wasps work fast, that was not there a few days ago to my knowledge. I did not have wasp killer, so I used the next best thing that my grandmother taught me. Carburetor cleaner. It drops them like flies for squishing just to make sure they are dead. Nest was then removed and squished. The red devils got me once, once was enough.
Good show! Those creatures can be very aggressive and you sure don’t need that aggravation.

Oh yah, I grab my babies, shove them under the heater, and lock them in with my hands for fifteen seconds or so… long enough for them to realize that Ahhh, it’s kinda nice and toasty in here.
Yes I have done that too, and of course showed them it’s a great place to sit up there 😊

Back
Top Bottom