STORY TIME

Monday, came home from work. White feathers all over the yard by the deck. Kid comes up from the coop: I can only find 9 birds....plus the 2 in Castor's house. I just took one down.

See Pippa feathers around, along with dark brahma...

I grab the other: Twirp (good girl! You're so smart!) Start heading towards the coop with her...there's another...and another. They keep popping out. Set Twirp down to join them and start yard sweep. 3...no 5 from behind the pea tree hedge...2 halfway across the pasture...another down by the hay bales below....

Husband informs me that my dog got off the lead 3 times today and is the responsible culprit, not the fox. So far no one hurt, just pulled feathers. (Sherlock has an appointment next month at the vet to be fixed, hopefully it helps).

Normal coop closing time: still missing are Pear, Enigma (frequently last into the coop), Mera, and Blurr. Keep coop open longer. Mera turns up, then Enigma. Pear arrives at half dark. Blurr was spotted down below at neighbor's place but spooked and vanished. Close coop....hinge broken. Rig something for the night. Figure out how to fix so can do it first thing in the morning before leaving for work.

Tuesday morning, still no trace of Blurr. Fix coop hatch. Modify Sherlock's lead. Maybe Blurr will turn up. (Slim thought) head to work.

This evening: below neighbor's sister is visiting, brings up Blurr who has been hanging out on his porch with his dog, no fear. Even flew up onto his mom's shoulder. Charmed all of them...except the mom's little schnauzer.
Oh boy! The drama !!! Glad all now accounted for.

Bad Sherlock! Still, he is a puppy.

Sure glad Blurr was ok.

My BIL said that earlier - better not be! I want to stay away from production breeds.

But not much I can do if she is…
I know, I got a high production hen in my sapphire splash, Kasumi. She already has thin shells, so I hope I can give her as comfortable a life as possible.

I know, I got a high production hen in my sapphire splash, Kasumi. She already has thin shells, so I hope I can give her as comfortable a life as possible.
Try calcium tablets - I am giving a bunch of mine half or 1/4 of a tablet every other night. Depending on their size. Seems to have improved the egg shells on them.

Try calcium tablets - I am giving a bunch of mine half or 1/4 of a tablet every other night. Depending on their size. Seems to have improved the egg shells on them.
I even bought more calcium tablets I keep forgetting! I'm going to put an alarm in my phone to give them calcium after dinner.
How to tame the fiery temperament of a Rhode Island Red?? She makes such a mess in the house when I let her in. :barnie:he:th
That Crazy Dakota!!
She alone is as bad as those six littles.
Maybe offer her a nice iced coffee...but make it decaf!

I even bought more calcium tablets I keep forgetting! I'm going to put an alarm in my phone to give them calcium after dinner.

Maybe offer her a nice iced coffee...but make it decaf!
Even after all the mess she made, she still went after my lasagna dinner. I said NO WAY, You’re not getting any of this!!

Oh boy! The drama !!! Glad all now accounted for.

Bad Sherlock! Still, he is a puppy.

Sure glad Blurr was ok.
20240425_194705.jpg
She's fitted right back in (back grouping on the right)
20240425_194805.jpg
Baby guard Hector was rather morose while she was missing. He had been seen in the same corner as the babies crouched over them. Good boy protector!
20240425_194903.jpg
And she's snitching treats from Kate...while Hyacinth plays Sgt. Schultz.

Back
Top Bottom