I would like to introduce everyone to the first of the named wee ones.

In honour of the brave and wonderful Sir Jaffar, I would like you all to meet, his namesake, Jaffarra. May she be as brave and lovely as her namesake.

65D9A3C3-61C6-416F-9F76-1804DA3C6486.jpeg

Yeah if one of the high ranking hens (samara or morinth) goes broody then I'll consider her. Maybe Shep as she's pretty beloved by everyone, they just don't fight her?
Raising the babies those first two weeks were killer on my OCD so if I can get away with having a hen do all the worrying and fussing I'll be happy haha. Or buy pre started birds.
Hubby is 100% down with getting a Polish hen and rooster. Maybe a trio. I just need to find a breeder near here. And probably later this year or next year of course.

I would like to introduce everyone to the first of the named wee ones.

In honour of the brave and wonderful Sir Jaffar, I would like you all to meet, his namesake, Jaffarra. May she be as brave and lovely as her namesake.

View attachment 3813975
I was holding back tears until I read this one, now. :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit

I hope that it is a defect that she grows into, and hope that it isn't something indicative of some sort of hydrocephaly.

If she is eating, drinking and pooping then I would just cross my fingers and hope for the best; as for another chick pecking her, I might put her in with a very quiet chick that doesn't have an urge to peck, or I wonder if some sort of protective goggle can be made up for her.
Yes 🙌 I am looking at the pinless peepers for her. I know it wouldn’t be anywhere near 100% and certainly not what they were meant for but … some protection has gotta be better than none. Idk we shall see how it all develops. Maybe I will get lucky and as she grows it will be less pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom