Nap time for the little ones. And a rest for me! They are so fast and I can barely keep up with them now.
Me to. I've shattered today. The stray cat and I had a big conversation tonight and he's telling me he wants to live with me but it's not possible with my cat and dog I set him a warm space up in the old coop but he not accepting that.

I found out he is a boy today and he's just to adorable for words. But he needs a bath big time

I have had no issues here with my Peavey Mart chicks, in fact last year they even set up separate water troughs (to house them in) with heat lamps for other peoples chicks (I know I tried to talk them into selling me someone else’s chicks haha) - they were all separated with the paperwork attached to each persons chicks section.

The ones I got a couple weeks ago where just for the store no orders that day. But all 300 chicks were in 4 separate troughs (Americanas separate from the other so they didn’t get mixed up) - all the chicks had heat water and feed.

Don’t know what to say but there is Customer Service you can email - they are good at getting back to you.
These were pre-ordered and prepaid for. They ship them early (and without heat) to reduce costs of feeding them, and to get the mortality rate off their backs. They ship them all the way from Hoovers in the US.

Because they are cold and dehydrated I bet.
Sorry to be a pain, but now you have them why are they still cold and dehydrated?
The warmth thing shuts them up instantly and if they are dehydrated for very long they won’t survive.
It was your comment that they won’t be quiet for a long time that got me worried.

These were pre-ordered and prepaid for. They ship them early (and without heat) to reduce costs of feeding them, and to get the mortality rate off their backs. They ship them all the way from Hoovers in the US.
Yep I got Hoovers both last year and a couple weeks ago.

Were your chicks day olds? If so they ship over night freight, did you get in Edmonton? They would be shipped to EDM airport and then Canada Post delivers to the store. They have a certain amt of chicks in each crate they ship them in to keep warm. I know you have had snow out there this week (and lots of it), so yes Peavey should take that into acct.

Have they setteled down any? I would say it’s the stores issue to ensure the product is kept safe and secure. If they didn’t then I would complain to their Customer Service about the issue.

I have 3 Midnights on order for 28th May, I don’t expect any issues.

Yep I got Hoovers both last year and a couple weeks ago.

Were your chicks day olds? If so they ship over night freight, did you get in Edmonton? They would be shipped to EDM airport and then Canada Post delivers to the store. They have a certain amt of chicks in each crate they ship them in to keep warm. I know you have had snow out there this week (and lots of it), so yes Peavey should take that into acct.

Have they setteled down any? I would say it’s the stores issue to ensure the product is kept safe and secure. If they didn’t then I would complain to their Customer Service about the issue.

I have 3 Midnights on order for 28th May, I don’t expect any issues.
@LhickenChicken
Are they ok? Did you lose any? 60 is a good size order I should say - more than I would want to take on.

Thirsty Thursday.
1714682571590.jpeg

1714682607103.jpeg

1714682627277.jpeg

It was hard to get a good photo. Dominica kept shoving her tail in front of the camera. I feel it was on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom