View attachment 3824210
This picture is from our visit to the vet yesterday. I was hoping Sookie had a stuck egg but found that she has a tumor in her reproductive system. Dr Zoe prescribed meloxicam which I administer twice daily with vitamins. She still eats good but is a little lethargic. It broke my heart to hear we will need to euthanize her at some near point. I remember the day she came home. She was a cute little fuzz ball that the guy at tractor supply gave to Lety because she was the only chick in the store.
I am so sad to hear this, but glad she is in your wonderful caring hands.

Such a pretty henny 🌷

ring ring ring…

Well actually my phone’s ringtone is a rooster crowing for the house number, so I know it’s my mum who is calling.

Me
‘Hello, is this an emergency?’
(my mum calls me at work to tell me everything that’s going on, usually when I am up to my eyeballs in work - like today)

Mum
‘Well, you can decide if it’s an emergency if you let me finish”
(Gonna go down like that is it?)

Me
‘Yes mum I will listen’

Mum
‘Your BIL was out at the barn and he swears he took care not to let any of the hens out, but he saw the black hen was out’
(Ok black hen - I have like 6 black hens - but that doesn’t matter)

Me
‘Ok, so is she still out?’

Mum
‘No, he got her in, but that young rooster got out, and he can’t catch him’
(WTH - yep I bet he can’t catch that wild thing!)

Mum
‘We are going to let him relax 10Minutes then try again’
(Yep good luck there)

Me
‘Oh for flippety sakes, ok well let the flock out to entice him in, then herd them all back inside when he gets back with them’
————-

And few more words with my BIL on enticing Bert back in… and I hung up all exasperated and frustrated and mad.

After a bit i checked on the barn cams and I noted mum and BIL up at the barn chasing down poor Bert, who escapes over the fence, BIL in hot pursuit swearing up a storm with prediction for supper tonight. At which point I got in my car and drove 25 min home.

Of course by the time I got there they
had him inside the barn. Apparently mum went and locked all the chickens in the stalls (not sure why the bad girls did fly out… they can easily), and they had finally got Bert inside.

So I went and did a quick headcount - looks like they are all there, counted the three naughty black pullets (esp Eli-too), my escape artists. Then drove back to work. Sheesh!

Now I am not saying BIL let the ‘the black hen’ out whoever that is. If indeed it was Eli-too she could have flown up onto the back door and got out through the space the swallows fly in through. To be safe, tonight I will put up some large hole screening that she cannot get through, but hopefully the swallows can get through.

But if BIL did let that hen out, and then Bert…. Well he darn well better have my lawn mowed today! That’s all I can say.

These chickens are gonna be the living end of of me I swear!

That and my sister and BIL… it’s no wonder I go to work to get away from them all!

Happy 2fer Tuesday from the Odd Couple.
I think they make quite a handsome pair.
IMG_6417.jpeg

ring ring ring…

Well actually my phone’s ringtone is a rooster crowing for the house number, so I know it’s my mum who is calling.

Me
‘Hello, is this an emergency?’
(my mum calls me at work to tell me everything that’s going on, usually when I am up to my eyeballs in work - like today)

Mum
‘Well, you can decide if it’s an emergency if you let me finish”
(Gonna go down like that is it?)

Me
‘Yes mum I will listen’

Mum
‘Your BIL was out at the barn and he swears he took care not to let any of the hens out, but he saw the black hen was out’
(Ok black hen - I have like 6 black hens - but that doesn’t matter)

Me
‘Ok, so is she still out?’

Mum
‘No, he got her in, but that young rooster got out, and he can’t catch him’
(WTH - yep I bet he can’t catch that wild thing!)

Mum
‘We are going to let him relax 10Minutes then try again’
(Yep good luck there)

Me
‘Oh for flippety sakes, ok well let the flock out to entice him in, then herd them all back inside when he gets back with them’
————-

And few more words with my BIL on enticing Bert back in… and I hung up all exasperated and frustrated and mad.

After a bit i checked on the barn cams and I noted mum and BIL up at the barn chasing down poor Bert, who escapes over the fence, BIL in hot pursuit swearing up a storm with prediction for supper tonight. At which point I got in my car and drove 25 min home.

Of course by the time I got there they
had him inside the barn. Apparently mum went and locked all the chickens in the stalls (not sure why the bad girls did fly out… they can easily), and they had finally got Bert inside.

So I went and did a quick headcount - looks like they are all there, counted the three naughty black pullets (esp Eli-too), my escape artists. Then drove back to work. Sheesh!

Now I am not saying BIL let the ‘the black hen’ out whoever that is. If indeed it was Eli-too she could have flown up onto the back door and got out through the space the swallows fly in through. To be safe, tonight I will put up some large hole screening that she cannot get through, but hopefully the swallows can get through.

But if BIL did let that hen out, and then Bert…. Well he darn well better have my lawn mowed today! That’s all I can say.

These chickens are gonna be the living end of of me I swear!

That and my sister and BIL… it’s no wonder I go to work to get away from them all!
You cannot expect others to perform the same care as you do. I get disappointed every time I try. Only Paul, my flight line manager and personal friend can do that job correctly, and he usually volunteers. $700 bonuses at Christmas probably helps motivate him.

You cannot expect others to perform the same care as you do. I get disappointed every time I try. Only Paul, my flight line manager and personal friend can do that job correctly, and he usually volunteers. $700 bonuses at Christmas probably helps motivate him.
And he does great BBQ!:drool

Back
Top Bottom