Awwwwww 💕🌺 Butter

Ok so we have Sweetie, and Buff (ya I know original) and the largest I shall name in honour of Butter 😊
Ok so here are the BOrps names:
-Sweetie
-Butters
-Goldie (changed from Buff), after Greg’s lovely hen Goldie and because she is getting gold feathers in.

The other three are of course
- Jaffarra
- Cayenne
- Pepper

These three are wild, esp Cayenne who is a fast little monkey, and has a lovely beard and muffs - HRH Aurora will be very please by this.

Jaffarra is likely not an Americauna, as they have beards and muffs and she has neither - so I guess I will have to wait and see what colour eggs she lays - always eggciting 😊 RM I think you said she looked like a RIR..?

Pepper is starting to get her barred pattern coming in.

For HRH Aurora

Tomorrow night will aee
The arrival of an Aurora Borealis which may be seen as far south as Northern California and Alabama. If you have a US site for geomagnetic storms you can likely get further info there.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/e...m-may-spark-widespread-auroras-over-canada-on
They said the peak would be between 10 pm and 1 am eastern I believe. HRH will be getting her beauty rest at that time but I could see Phyllis staying up and throwing a party. 😉

Last edited:
Sleeping

I put the larger brooding plate in with the chicks as my niece will need the smaller brooder for the chicks she will hatch.

They seem ok. I used a brick paver to help block the one side and keep the warmth in. Might use another paver tomorrow, it seems very open to me. But they seem to be quiet and not chirping or scrambling around.
View attachment 3827161

Reenie is also snoozing
View attachment 3827160
I miss having chicks in my office with me. 😥 They are such great company!

I miss having chicks in my office with me. 😥 They are such great company!
I miss my office in the barn and yelling at chickens to ‘get out!’ 🥰💕

These chicks are flying everywhere now, won’t be long before they are flying over that wall!

I don’t seem to have time for anything working so much, I put the chicks outside for about 20 min last night, tonight I might put them out longer if it warms up.

All right, just got back from Peavey Mart and I have 11 chicks.

Apparently they shorted on one of the Midnight Majesty's. I am not entirely sure that they sorted the breeds out correctly, as I have something that has extremely poofy cheeks and has the look of a lion. They look much better than the Red Broilers did, and they are all energetic and eating and drinking. I am more pleased with this order.

I am going to Leduc today and... well, spoiler... if they have some chicks I want, I will pick some up 😁 Bad, bad me.

There is one that looks outwardly like a buff Brahma (I ordered three by the way) but has a pea comb. Totally not sure what I got but they're adorable and I'm glad they're doing well. Whatever I got they're sweet. (Oh, and I ordered three lavender Orpingtons... I got four.)

There are only 17 red broilers that survived. Thankfully none of them passed today, and they all look healthy. Hopefully none of them die.

All right, just got back from Peavey Mart and I have 11 chicks.

Apparently they shorted on one of the Midnight Majesty's. I am not entirely sure that they sorted the breeds out correctly, as I have something that has extremely poofy cheeks and has the look of a lion. They look much better than the Red Broilers did, and they are all energetic and eating and drinking. I am more pleased with this order.

I am going to Leduc today and... well, spoiler... if they have some chicks I want, I will pick some up 😁 Bad, bad me.

There is one that looks outwardly like a buff Brahma (I ordered three by the way) but has a pea comb. Totally not sure what I got but they're adorable and I'm glad they're doing well. Whatever I got they're sweet. (Oh, and I ordered three lavender Orpingtons... I got four.)

There are only 17 red broilers that survived. Thankfully none of them passed today, and they all look healthy. Hopefully none of them die.
Glad these look better.

Does the chicks look like this?

317735EA-1451-46FF-8BD3-E2C934EAF1BF.jpeg
9594450E-3914-4EA1-88A5-1D31A71403A1.jpeg

If so it’s likely an Americana - blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom