Saw nothing last night. Went to bed an hour after it was supposed to have started. My alarm is supposed to go off in about 15.View attachment 3828342The phone picked it up better than my eyes did.
I had the whole sky in Auroras, just white lights with a faint hint of green and pink, but I have crappy phones, or more likely I don’t know how to do night time photos.

I’ll see if I can see them again tonight if it is clear. My eldest niece sent BIL photos she saw at her boyfriends cottage.

Oh gosh, I probably should get breakaway stirrups. And a vest… I couldn’t sleep last night! I was too excited for sleep.
My riding instructor found out about it yesterday… I feel bad, but she’s happy for me. I’m pretty sure I will sometimes bring him to her for a few lessons every once in a while just to make sure I’m not picking up any bad habits.

He’s up to date on all his coggins (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly), he’s getting his hoofs trimmed next week, and he has had no health problems since they got him.
Auggie was a rescue I guess. He was skin and bones when they got him, and now he’s perfectly healthy. He’s a little chunky, but that’s because he’s not been ridden since January.
Lucky me, he’s known to buck when he’s had a long break.
For years I’ve been dreaming about what it would be like to have my own horse. And now I do! I’m so excited for him to move out to my farm. I got a similar picture of him as I got to a Lenny one time-
Blue halter is Lenny.View attachment 3828352View attachment 3828353
Yes safety first: proper boots, proper helmet (if I catch you not wearing a helmet I will be a fierce mama bear kiddo right @RebeccaBoyd ), a crash vest, and yes break away stirrups.

If you ride on the road a high-viz vest, I bet your dad can get a good one from his job. Actually a high viz vest is a good idea any time, if you fall off people will be able to easier see you if you’re injured.

Ok so that’s the deal kiddo, be safe have fun. 😊

Jaffarra is doing her Ballet lesson this morning

10FFF460-AF1A-4C60-A024-8F7E9CCA8CC2.png
E47E9CB2-9F5E-4BAD-AC41-670123CD77A7.png

The kiddos are roosting on top of the brooder this morning - hey what’s with those spots on Jaffarra?? I really do not think she is an Americana.

Any ideas everyone? Could they have substituted a different breed with the Peavey Mart own order? They brought in 300 chicks, that’s a lot of chicks maybe Hoovers chucked in some extra breeds

C9B6C596-C133-4083-9288-6F32078CC3C3.png

View attachment 3828372View attachment 3828371

The kiddos are roosting on top of the brooder this morning - hey what’s with those spots on Jaffarra?? I really do not think she is an Americana.

Any ideas everyone? Could they have substituted a different breed with the Peavey Mart own order? They brought in 300 chicks, that’s a lot of chicks maybe Hoovers chucked in some extra breeds

View attachment 3828373
Ummmm does anyone think she might be a Speckled Suspect?

Here is a video of 3 wk old SS chicks

View attachment 3828372View attachment 3828371

View attachment 3828373
Rhode Island reds have blonde wing tips in their first feathers. They lose those in their 9(ish) week moult. I'm not saying she's RIR, but if she has any in her ancestry (possible: hambar from Hampshire, from RIR) then the wingtips are very possible.

The video yesterday made me think she's going to pop a light crest (like Storm and Cumulo)

Saw nothing last night. Went to bed an hour after it was supposed to have started. My alarm is supposed to go off in about 15.View attachment 3828342The phone picked it up better than my eyes did.
This is from a friend of mine in Northern Wisconsin last night.

1000001165.jpg

1000001139.jpg

Nothing here as we had cloud cover. Phyllis didn't even try to organize a party.

Back
Top Bottom