Free Araucana Roosters (Southern California)

FarmerSean

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2020
Hi,
I am looking for new homes for a few extra Araucana roosters I have. I will not ship them so someone would need to be local to the Southern California area. I am in the North Tustin area. The roosters are all from Edd Sheppard's strain. I have one of his black hybrid Roman strain roosters (he is actually blue/gray in color) and several of his own strain. All are pictured below. If you are interested in one or more of these guys, please let me know. They were all born on 10/15/2000.

HappyFeet4.jpg

Attachments

• Dolly4.jpg
    Dolly4.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Reese5.jpg
    Reese5.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Skunk6.jpg
    Skunk6.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 12
Yeah, he has really nice even tufts and great color but does have the partial tail. Even though he is from cali, I am raising with conservative influence.... :0). He is so incredibly personable. You just hold out you hand and he jumps right on to hang out. I am just focusing on the non hybrid strain but heck, might keep him for a gardening buddy. lol.

Hi,
I am looking for new homes for a few extra Araucana roosters I have. I will not ship them so someone would need to be local to the Southern California area. I am in the North Tustin area. The roosters are all from Edd Sheppard's strain. I have one of his black hybrid Roman strain roosters (he is actually blue/gray in color) and several of his own strain. All are pictured below. If you are interested in one or more of these guys, please let me know. They were all born on 10/15/2000.

View attachment 2537914
I have a lonely black Araucana needs some flock mates. she was only one that hatched out of 9 eggs. Eenie is rotten so if you don't have any takers I'll be making a road trip to see you 😊

Yeah. The hatch rates on these is a little tough. I got just over 25% on mine and I consider myself extremely lucky. Unfortunately majority ended up roos (lucky and unlucky at the same time lol). If your black one came from Edd, then she will be the same strain as the Gray one above which is all I have left now. I haven't had any takers as of yet but sure would like to find him a good home. He is such a friendly guy.

Yeah. The hatch rates on these is a little tough. I got just over 25% on mine and I consider myself extremely lucky. Unfortunately majority ended up roos (lucky and unlucky at the same time lol). If your black one came from Edd, then she will be the same strain as the Gray one above which is all I have left now. I haven't had any takers as of yet but sure would like to find him a good home. He is such a friendly guy.

Attachments

• 20210221_115802.jpg
    20210221_115802.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210221_115928.jpg
    20210221_115928.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 2
this is my only hatch she's alone and I would LOVE to take your roosters!! please PM me I've been looking for roos for a year to match her with

Back
Top Bottom