Gambel quail eggs. HELP!

Apr 9, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hello! I have just recently received 12 gambels quail eggs earlier than expected. I had a question about my nurture right 360 that I have just recently purchased. Should I keep the air vent closed or halfway closed for the majority of the incubation period until lockdown? I also have 30 more coming to me in about a week. What should I do? I only have one incubator and buying a second isn't possible right now.

Hello! I have just recently received 12 gambels quail eggs earlier than expected. I had a question about my nurture right 360 that I have just recently purchased. Should I keep the air vent closed or halfway closed for the majority of the incubation period until lockdown? I also have 30 more coming to me in about a week. What should I do? I only have one incubator and buying a second isn't possible right now.
Does it have the quail egg size turner or the chicken egg size turner?
I use to adjust mine till I got the humidity to stay some what stable, that was usually, for my location, almost fully open. You just have to play around with it. This should have been done before setting any eggs.

Your going to have a staggered hatch, this isn't easy, even for 'old hands' at hatching.

Does it have the quail egg size turner or the chicken egg size turner?
I use to adjust mine till I got the humidity to stay some what stable, that was usually, for my location, almost fully open. You just have to play around with it. This should have been done before setting any eggs.

Your going to have a staggered hatch, this isn't easy, even for 'old hands' at hatching.
I played around with the temp before but not the humidity, the guy I ordered from shipped the eggs about 2 weeks earlier than expected. I do have a quail egg turner, I have hatched eggs before but not on this short notice and not with this incubator. The other one broke. I do notice that when I did put water in before the eggs got here the humidity was maintained when I kept it about 3/4 of the way closed should I continue with this?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom