Gender help with almost 4 week old Moss Eggers

HeatherKellyB

✝️ Perfectly Imperfect ✝️
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
My daughter is in 2nd grade and they hatched some eggs in her classroom. We ended up getting the last 3 chicks. 1 is a barred rock (my daughter and I both say this one is our favorite but from what I've learned here, I believe it's a cockeral & we are now starting to worry that all 3 are roos) and the other 2 are a project the farm that donated eggs is working on, Moss Eggers. They're from Crested Cream Legbar hen (blue egg gene) and a Copper Maran Rooster (dark brown plume gene). I don't know where to begin with these 2, as far as determining sex. My barred rock is constantly fighting with 1 in particular (this one has a larger comb and heavier feathering down his legs but seems to pick on both. One of the moss eggers will go right back at the barred rock but the other does not retaliate (this one's feathers are really messy& thick looking. Thinner feathering down legs and smaller comb. Also feathers on head seem a little more poofy). Are you able to tell much from my pictures? I snapped some pics while they spent a little while in their coop for the first time today. Again, as a reminder, they'll be 4 weeks old later this week. The barred rock is a little larger than the other 2.
20190610_173256.jpg
20190610_173326.jpg
20190610_173329.jpg

Back
Top Bottom